Q and Wifi possible? ever?

Discussion in 'Mac and Motorola Q' started by bolivar, Aug 5, 2006.

1. bolivar

bolivar New Member

Q and Wifi possible? ever?

Howdy,
    Greatr site.
    I just purchased a Q and I am a huge Apple fan. I really like the Q but the signal in my house is so weak that I can not access the internet with the Q.

My big question is this. Will a Wifi card be available for the Q so I can access the net when my phone signal is weak.

Please say it is possible (if not now) some time soon.

Regards,

Boliver
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

3. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Bad News

:thumbdown from: http://gearlog.com/blogs/gearlog/archive/2006/05/24/12556.aspx

:(
  4. bolivar

bolivar New Member

thank you

Thanks for the detailed info Dennis. That blows. Hopefully Moto or someone who can hack can apply more voltage for the mini sdio card.

I heard that the next wave of Q's will have this come early next year. I'd hate to be penalized for being an early adoptor.
  5. stingray072

stingray072 New Member

6. fps_man

fps_man New Member

Check this

well when you go to windows media player go to options and then connections and switch it to wi fi........ idk wat it does but its interesting! :laugh2:
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that does nothing
    also this thread is from over a year ago
  8. ogormask

ogormask New Member

you mean 2 years ago!
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

......yea whatever
  10. bonchien

bonchien New Member

They're discussing this mini-wifi card on HoFo in the Alltel forum: http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdw825-moto.htm

It says it's compatible with the Q9m, but doesn't mention the older Q.

[Edit] Nevermind, I found this on another site: Not Compatible with (incomplete list): Motorola MPx220, Motorola Q (WM5 Smartphone), Audiovox SMT5600, and all Palm OS/BlackBerry/Symbian/Sony/ Nokia phones
  11. gnavillus

gnavillus New Member

It does work

It allows me to browse the web on my Q as long as it is plugged into a system with internet access...
  12. uwbadgers16

uwbadgers16 New Member

not wifi

that's because the phone can use your computer's internet regardless of a data plan on your phone. so if you feel the need to be on the internet on the phone and you have your computer there too, then that's your choice. the computer would probably be a little better for that.
  13. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You know it's not such a bad feature. I always recommend this to those who wishes to access the internet but can't because someone else is using the computer (ie siblings, friends, parents).