Q and Vista USB Problem...

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by cuttingedgegraphics, Nov 7, 2007.

1. cuttingedgegraphics

cuttingedgegraphics New Member

Q and Vista USB Problem...

I've searched the forum and no luck in finding my answer. My Q has been connecting via USB with no issues since day one. Starting yesterday I cant even get my PC to connect to it. I uninstalled Device Center and reinstalled it thinking it may see it, but no luck. It doesnt even show up under My Computer so that I can add/remove files from my Micro SD card. Any idea why my computer or Vista refused to see it now? :embarassed:
  2. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

Have you tried:
    Start>settings>connections>USB to PC> uncheck the Enbale advanced network functionability box

I know it works on XP

HTH
    Rick
  3. cuttingedgegraphics

Yeah I tried that and no luck. Any other suggestions?
  4. P0stalTek

P0stalTek New Member

I have been having the same problem with my Q on my Vista laptop. I think I have figured out a sure-fire way to get it to detect and connect via Windows Mobile Device Center when it's not working.

Right click on "Computer" and go to properties. On the left-hand side of the window that comes up, you will see "Device Manager". Click on that and once it comes up, locate "Network Adapters". Listed under Network Adapters, you should see "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter". Right click on that and uninstall it.

Windows should now go through and detect your phone and start installing the drivers again. Close out Mobile Device Center and reopen it and it should connect again.

Good luck!
  5. cuttingedgegraphics

I went to network adaptors and no Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter. I know the USB port is working on the phone because it charges. Thanks for the info, any other suggestions??

6. This may sound really strange, but if I have itunes open my treo and now my Q could not be seen by my machines (both running vista).
    Also, try removing any devices that could be using the same usb controller.
  7. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

Uninstall Vista and go back XP :p
    There's less bugs...
  8. Lets ask Ollie....

Did you check your TCP/IP settings?
    Enable Cookies?
    Want this dog?
  9. JacobC

JacobC New Member