PushEffect Near RealTime PushEmail 4 Gmail/POP/IMAP & adds New Features to Messaging

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by wannaQ, Feb 26, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for now i am using it for a personal account... but yea, it's being pushed to Outlook on the Q.

<hehe>... who's #3 ?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I mean..

IBT
    LEDAlerts
    PE

:2cool:
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ow yes.. (after i posted i thought you meant that), i am a member of that club indeed :}
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ TF: do you push Yahoo ?

i poll Yahoo in Outlook (pop3) on my laptop and had it set to poll for mail (imap) every 2 hours on the Q, would like to push but only if i can be successful to keep getting it on both pc & Q.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea..I tink that ss i sent you was yahoo. I have been using imap successfully for a long time now though..but shouldnt matter. yahoo is my best accnt working through PE as yahoo never fails in sending an sms and its always the same string value(s)!

yahoo alerts just sends the sms..doesnt do anything to the email itself.

6. will this violate TOS with Verizon's new 30.00 plan? or since its still pop3 its okay as long as its not using exchange server.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so you set up an mobile alert and add a "Message Filter" ?
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

all this does is trigger your mail to download when you get a new email.

same as hitting send/receive when you know you just got new mail...only automized!
  9. Once I figure out which of my remaining apps is causing my battery drain, I will be giving this a whirl.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i understand that part.... but (yep, there's almost always a but :} at this point Yahoo is not -yet- sending the alert, that is what i am trying to set up.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yes...a mobile alert. No filter though I think. Yahoos alert deal is nice where it will alert you of all new mail from anyone. You dont have to add senders like i do with aol.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

when i try to add a mobile alert i first pick the mobile number, then step 2 is creating a filter... can't get around that.
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

hmm..and you have the pay hoo as I do if I recall. Lemmee get to my pc in a bit...

Oh...maybe i did space @ space so everything goes. Or the asteric wildcard instead of spaces. I'll still check when i get to pc....
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks in advance... i tried putting in some stuff, so far no cigar.
  15. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

texts getting through

I have had push effect for a few months and it has worked great. However in the last week I have noticed that some of the emails being forwarded to my text are coming through as texts...not being caught by push effect. I also noticed that the texts are always in two parts....1 of 2, then 2 of 2. Is there an adjustment I should make to my settings? Why has this started to happen all of a sudden? Thanks. (using gmail)
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Did gmail change the style of how they send the sms? Maybe now it doesnt match how its built into PE?

also did you add any texting apps latley? I noticed iText would nab the hidden sms...Bubbles is ok though.
  17. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

No....the characters in the sms that I programmed are still the same. And no new programs have been added either. Any thoughts?
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sounds like something changed on gmail side if your getting 2 sms now. Does gmail only have a mail sms forward option or do they also have a sms alert of new mail option?

gmail is one provider I dont use..
  19. mcaram16

mcaram16 New Member

??

Ok, well i can't get this to work at all...I have optonline...after i install it what do i do??? I'm confused with this sms thing and the "@" symbol.....i have no clue what to change to get this to work!
  20. mcaram16

mcaram16 New Member

i entered the forward on my email server...when i get a text i get the following:

1010100009 or 1010100008 etc.. with a body of

FRM:my name
    SBJ:

I tried using 10101 as an ID, i tried FRM: my name

nothing works