PushEffect Near RealTime PushEmail 4 Gmail/POP/IMAP & adds New Features to Messaging

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by wannaQ, Feb 26, 2007.

1. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

LOL. You know someone was thinking it. I got it to work for all my email accounts, but my Yahoo. It works really well with POP accounts or accounts where you can have message forwarding. To get that option, you have to pay for Yahoo and since they will likely be bought out soon...dont waste your money.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks Shaun... we already pay for Yahoo (we = my bossman :} for now i want it for my Gmail.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

mmmmmmz...

odd.. just got a push for email i received on an account that i do NOT monitor, i received the email @ 12:38pm in my Outlook.. and now 2:37pm i receive the "notification".

where-o-where is the developer :}
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ya have to be careful when just using the wildcard "@" or a really vague one. At first when I set mine up I had random text messages pulling my mail when it wasn't suppose to! Something to check anyway!
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for the moment i went with default (so just the @) but it is not pulling the mail at all... + not anything from the account that i do monitor :]

thx.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

well..not good! Where you getting the normal forwarded mail sms before you turned that account on in PE?
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

this might be where the confusion (for me.. maybe :} starts, i have not setup Gmail for sms forward, a long time ago i did that for my other mail but since turned that off because it did not work out as i hoped.
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha..

if ya don't set that up then PE is just sitting there waiting for a random sms with a @ in it!!

My yahoo sms's are always from "9093" so I put that in there. And the body is y-alerts@reply.yahoo.com so I put that exact line in...that way it only pulls yahoo..when it's from yahoo! Gmail will be different of course...
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

okay... i am more then a little dense today, more on this later... :]

potQ.
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

No worries! I'll more than likely be here if you need something! :smile:
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so check this out.. i kept going to the Qorefunctions site to read the tutorial and never realized/noticed that there are more pages to it.. :]

<insert chuckle here>

so i set Gmail to forward, to my @vtext.com.. yet nothing is pushed for that account. 1 email on the account i do not (yet) push got pushed to the Q... i am slightly confuzzeld..
  12. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

now i'm confused! Which accnt do you have setup to forward an sms to your Q? And on that accnt..with PE turned off..are you getting the sms's?
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for now -to see how well it works- i have my Gmail account (personal) pushed/set up in PE.. i would have to test what you are asking.

[tested]

yes... i receive the sms (comes from roeiboot+caf -xxxxxxxxxx -vtext.com@gmail.com) intercepted by SMSBubbles..
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yea..turn all accnts in PE to do not monitor. receive a couple sms alerts from gmail. use the sender info and body info to setup gmail in PE and then turn it on to at least receive. pe should then intercept the sms..you wont see it now..and staRt gmail to download!

Side note...itext still sees them..bubbles And default doesnt!
  15. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

You don't need to forward messages with Yahoo. Yahoo already has an option to send an SMS notification when new messages arrive. Instructions are in Yahoo's help section. PushEffect will "listen" for Yahoo's SMS signal just like any other.

Hope that helps.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i receive the sms'es..
    so i turned PE on, and i still get the sms'es.. something ain't right here.
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

did it start your mail to download at least? here's an example of how my Yahoo is set up...

[​IMG]
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

nope... and thus far i can't figure it out. thanks for now... will mess with it again tomorrow.
  19. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

If you tested (before installing or activating PE) and confirmed that your device is receiving the SMS signal from the server, you have the correct unique identification string (from the test SMS) in the SMS Sender or Body area, and you have the red check in the corner indicating that PE is running, your phone is either application locked or the installation is corrupted. Try uninstalling, resetting your phone, then reinstall PushEffect.

Haven't found a device yet that PushEffect won't work with, WM5 or WM6!
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

the odd thing is it works for an account that i am not monitoring... this is a notification for that none monitored account... that's what i should get for the monitored account correct ?