PushEffect Near RealTime PushEmail 4 Gmail/POP/IMAP & adds New Features to Messaging

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by wannaQ, Feb 26, 2007.

1. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

From your mail server, you just have to forward a copy of new messages to your cell carriers SMS gateway for your phone.
  2. jesmar424

jesmar424 New Member

you mean yourphonenumber@vtext.com for example?

And why on the website does it say that you already have to have an email account set up? I have time warner cable and use outlook so how would i set this up?

Can't I get the same thing accomplished by just auto-forwarding my emails?

I'm new to this stuff so take it easy on me. Thanks
  3. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

The forwarded SMS (number@vtext.com) simply "triggers" PushEffect to cause the Messaging application to initiate a send/receive operation and download the actual new message from the mail server. Without this trigger, you would have to manually download the message or setup a scheduled send/receive at no less than every 15 minutes, which is far from near real-time push mail. The message would get to your device a lot sooner using PushEffect.

It works quite well. Hope this helps.
  4. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

ya this sounds great, but why pay for something that you already have on the phone? my msn hotmail account downloads a message as soon as it is recieved (withing seconds, ive tested it!). my yahoo is just as fast and my outlook thru vzw active sync is fast also. this might be good if you dont have the feature to get email on your phone and only have text messages!

as for me, i think ill pass on this one!:tounge:
  5. jesmar424

jesmar424 New Member

do i have to have a data package for this to work?
  6. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

of course or you'd be billed per message you recieve... i dont think you need a data plan, but atleast unlimited text:angry:
  7. jesmar424

jesmar424 New Member

i have unlimited text but I'm not gonna pay $50 for data.

I'm still lost on how this all works. How does the system know if my pc has received an email if my computer is off? Or do I have to leave it on all the time?
  8. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

The server simply notifies PushEffect (which is installed on your device) using the forwarded SMS (you have to turn this feature on at your mail server) to fire a send/receive in the built in Messaging application and viola, your message arrives. Of course you need to have your email account set first up in Messaging and a data plan. Without data, you can't get your email through the net. My plan includes unlimited SMS.
  9. jesmar424

jesmar424 New Member

gotcha. i thought this thread was about receiving emails as a text therefore bypassing the need for a data/email plan. Thanks for the help.
  10. SingBar

SingBar New Member

I set mine up and no notification for new emails. The only time I got notification was when I went in and manually did the send/receive for my pop account. Is something wrong with the setup on my end?

11. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Well, it sounds like you didn't set up your mail server to forward new messages to your SMS gateway. PushEffect uses that SMS to trigger a send/receive from Messaging for the accounts that are set up on the PushEffect settings screen. Try doing that without PushEffect installed or turned ON to make sure your device is receiving the SMS from the mail server. If you are, just follow the instructions to setup the PushEffect account monitoring options. It's actually quite easy.
  12. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Ok well maybe you can help me then. I'm running a pop3 account through MS outlook. I've searched for help in outlook, but to no avail. How do I set up this forwarding email to the sms gateway? Sorry I'm new to this whole smartphone thing.
  13. slumpack

slumpack New Member

There are ways to do email forwarding:
    1. Using your email server ( login into your Account server and look for Forwarding )

2. You can use your outlook and create a rule that forward all email received by outlook ( but you have to leave your comp and outlook on all the time or else nothing will be forwarded. )

PS: You dont forward email to your SMS gateway, you forward your email to your phone number. Check qorefunction website. and READ the MANUAL please.
  14. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Looks like a WM6 compatible version is now available on the developers site. Same feature set. Updated my version for the Q9m and now the New Message Notification window works again (the only feature that wasn't working on the WM5 version when used with WM6).

www.qorefunctions.com
  15. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Damn! The must have just put it up between today and yesterday. I just checked that site on Thursday. Are they giving free upgrades?
  16. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

I just downloaded the WM6 cab file and installed it over my existing installation on my device. No problem at all. No need to re-register.
  17. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Two full days of the free trial and it works great. The only problem I can see is that once in a while GMAIL will fail to forward a message to my phone or will forward it at a later time. Is there a fix for this or is this just a gmail thing?
  18. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Gmail has been extremely reliable. I have not seen a delay.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

installed this last night... and so far not pushing, well actually it juts pushed an email account that i do not want to monitor (yet)

sure i will get it working eventually... all Qore's apps works so.
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for the quick still sleepy readers, that ^^ does not say Al Gore :}