PushEffect Near RealTime PushEmail 4 Gmail/POP/IMAP & adds New Features to Messaging

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by wannaQ, Feb 26, 2007.

1. googliada

googliada New Member

i ended up buiying this app. but one thing i noticed was that my battery life has gone done considerably. i'm almost always near a charger, so im ok.
    but, even with the extended battery pack, my phone drains really quickly. i dont even get too many mails..or make a lot of phone calls.
  2. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

This app sounds Amazing! The only thing is, some report a stronger battery life, and some report a weaker battery life. Battery life is key to me, because sometimes im a good 10-12 hours without a charge. Could someone with increased battery life please produce a list of all your settings within this app. This will be beneficail to all of us, because this is a fairly new app.
  3. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

PushEffect is amazing. It works flawlessly and turns the Messaging app into something truly usable. Battery life definitely improves. Because Messaging only needs to perform a send/receive when there is actually a new message on the server. Before, I had Messaging checking for mail every 15 minutes and my battery drained considerably faster. Now, I can't imagine using my Q without PushEffect.
  4. iceberg2032

iceberg2032 New Member

confused

i cant seem to get mine working. i have gmail, and for some reason it always deleted my emails so i have it rerouted to a username@vfemail.net. that was a solution on how to fix it. but this program doesnt seem to work with it. i trie d the @ and nothing. and i even went back to just gmail and it worked but went back to deleting all my emails again, whether i read them or not. with the vfemail.net it just sent a text to my q but nothing else. for some reason my phone thinks the emails are regular texts. can someone help.
  5. Q4ever

Q4ever New Member

Program using sms?

I get over 200 emails per day. Does that mean if I purchase this program and get it working it will be as if im getting over 200 text messages a day? or did I miss something? It would be strange to pay for 6000 texts a month unless sprint offers an unlimited text message plan.

Also when I respond to emails does it come from my pop account? or does the person im replying to see that im responding from a sprint phone via text messaging?
  6. iceberg2032

iceberg2032 New Member

well is seems like this is a very good program. there are other people also on this thread that lovee this program. so i am being patient and just hoping someone will help me fix this. i am also sure that sprint has an unlimited text message plan. i had that plan about 4 months ago and it was 15. not sure if its still the same, dont see why not. and as far as you responding to emails on your phone. no one will ever know you were using a phone to reply. looks like it came straight from the computer. nothing to worry about.
  7. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

Push Effect

This program is not working for me and I paid $20 or $30 for it. I have all my email accounts running through it (Comcast, Yahoo, Hotmail & Sprint PCS) and I had the defaut at symbol for all the accounts. It only pulls my mail when I send and receive. I have since changed all of my account to different trigger signals to see it wil putll the email that way and its still not working.

I've sent tons of emails to tech support, cause there is no number for you to call and all they keep telling me is look at the direcetions. I've gone back and reset all my email accounts to foward copise of email and its still not working. Can anyone here help, since they wont?
  8. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

I use it with a Sprint Q and have had absolutely no problem with it, it works great for me. The developer's support has been excellent and the directions are quite easy to follow. Didn't you try the program (they offered a 7 day free trial) before you purchased it to make sure it worked with your mail server? The problem could be with your mail server, you must make sure (without PushEffect installed) it is sending and your device is receiving a text message notification when a new message arrives. This is usually set up through the forwarding options on the server. If it isn't sending the text message first, that may be your problem. Must be something simple like that.

Great application though!
  9. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I didn do the trial. I just purchaed the program (muy misstake). I followed all the directin and my mail doesnt come nowhere near real time. If I get an alert its usually hours later. When I first installed it worked no problem, but I had my email set to check every half hour. But the program says you do need to do that, so I changed it to never. I checked my accoun on Comcast and it is setup correctly. Sprint is set up correctly. I've had Sprint setup to send me a text message when I get a new email for years. You can do that by going to email options on the Sprint website.

What is your setup? Do you have it still have your phone setup to check email every 15, 30 60, etc.....?
  10. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

My mail arrives nearly instantly, I don't have any problems. I don't have any scheduled send/receives setup. PushEffect, with all of its features and price, is actually quite an extraordinary little application. I don't think you ever got it working correctly since your device was still scheduled to check. It could be the string pattern you are using, could be a device conflict (which may require a master reset then reinstall), could be your mail server not sending the SMS notification.

You need to make sure that you ARE IN FACT receiving the text message notifications from your mail server. You can confirm this by uninstalling PushEffect and sending yourself an email. If you get a copy of the email as a text message in the SMS account in Messaging, then PushEffect should work. If you don't, then the problem is with your server.

It has to be a setup problem, the program is very popular and seems to work for most users based on these posts and other forums.
  11. oddllama

oddllama New Member

Ok I just have to ask this but, WannaQ; are you affiliated with pusheffect in any way? You are really selling this program...

Edit: I also ask because all 28 posts you have made have been ranting about this "Fantastic new software!"...Marketing or a real fan?

12. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I'm getting the messages from Sprint and Comcast. Without Ousheffect install the messages to my Comcast email come through as text messages, so the whold email doesnt come through, but at least its working. With Sprint - I get a text message telling me I have mail, I get the email into my SprinT SPS inbox and I get a email with the same information in my Sprint PCS Inbox that I got with the text. So I get a test twice for Spring Email.

So it is working witch means it the Push Effect program. Is theie any program I have installed or could install that may be conflicting with it?

Docs to Go
    Fizz Weather
    Fizz Monitor
    Sprint On Demand
    Ilium Screen Capture
    Microsoft Net CF 2.0
    Candlelight
    Inbox Extender
    Resoc Explorer
    Resco Registry Edit
    Facade
    SKTools Lite
    Sprite BackUp
    TCMP Player
    tGetFile.dll
    Photo Dialer
  13. wendy4au

wendy4au New Member

So, does this program charge you for text messages every time you send or receive an email??
  14. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

The program doesn't but your carrier might if you don't have an SMS package in your plan (most of us do). My plan includes unlimited SMS's so there is no additional charge.
  15. BrandNew

BrandNew New Member

This was my first thought was well...:tounge: All 29 of wannaQ's post are in this thread.

I need to download the trial and see how this works - I like the idea of real-time email, but I don't like the idea of a ton of text messages.
  16. maseone

maseone New Member

why don't you make it open source?
  17. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

Why does it matter as long as it's a useful product? SPAM is something that is of no use to the person.
  18. KOF33

KOF33 New Member

Cant get it to work with Gmail. Its simply not flagging my texts/emails.
  19. Goshen54

Goshen54 New Member

Sprint is flagging my forwarded emails as they say they are over the 160 count. Any ideas on what to do? I'm not getting all my forwarded emails from my comcast account.
  20. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

get unlimited text messaging. its cheap