PushEffect Near RealTime PushEmail 4 Gmail/POP/IMAP & adds New Features to Messaging

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by wannaQ, Feb 26, 2007.

1. boricuafemme

boricuafemme New Member

what about AOL?
  2. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Don't know if AOL can auto forward. You can access it through IMAP on the Q, but the server needs to auto forward the SMS signal for PushEffect to work. There are free applications that you can download to your PC that will automatically forward AOL mail but that means you need to leave your PC on to push mail in real time through PushEffect.

I found this for you, looks pretty easy to set up.

http://www.e-eeasy.com/Forward-AOL-Yahoo-Live-Mail.aspx

hope that helps.
  3. boricuafemme

boricuafemme New Member

thanks but all this stuff is out of my league. I am not to good with these things. I cant even figure that out.
  4. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

PushEffect works with almost every account except AOL/AIM out of the box, unfortunately.

Why don't you try Gmail or fastmail, etc? I use Gmail and it's great and I get my mail in seconds with PushEffect.
  5. boricuafemme

boricuafemme New Member

LOL then I have to add another email to my list.. LOL I have had aol since I was very younge and everyone has this address... sucks that i can use it OH WELL.. maybe they will have somthing for AOL in the future.
  6. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

Others have seen Gmail filter out certain messages as well. It has been my experience that it has something to do with the sender address, not the length of the message, because certain people would never trigger my gmail. Of course, many others, indeed the majority, work fine which is why you probably haven't encountered it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=130121&p=1147170&postcount=4
  7. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Again, I have not seen this with Gmail. Anything that Gmail filters should wind up in the spam folder. I don't think it selectively filter messages to be forwarded. But anything is possible, I guess.
  8. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Anyone else having a problem with this program closing on it's own?
  9. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

been using it for almost a week now and haven't seen this problem on either a VZW Q or Treo 700wx from Sprint.
  10. googliada

googliada New Member

im trying to set this up with gmail...in the "email account to monitor" section, i only see hotmail...theres no gmail option. can anyone help?
    thanks
  11. googliada

googliada New Member

nevermind..i got gmail to come up. i set it to auto send and auto receive.
    and put in my email address in the "activate when SMS sender area contains"
    is there anything else i have to do? no emails are coming through..
    thanks
  12. Amosrock

Amosrock New Member

this prog sounds awesome. ill have to dl the trial when i get home...it would be so nice to have push email on my Q
  13. googliada

googliada New Member

ok, i got everything set up...the only thing is, the program isnt triggering my email to receive. ive used the @ symbol as default..and ive also tried using my email in the SMS sender area.

Ive followed the inx for the sender body:
    myemail+caf =mynumber=vtext.com@gmail.com

the weird thing is, after i receive a txt notification for the email, if i manually go into my gmail and manually do a send/receive, the program pops up and shows the email notification. but it doesnt do it on its own.

anyone get this problem? also, what's this program called in system tools?

thanks
  14. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Just a dumb question more out of laziness for not trying it out myself, but what's the difference between their push and VZ's WirelessSync push? Is the only difference is that you don't have that 0-15min lag between POP3 checks of the VZWS server? Am I missing something?
  15. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

Grrr...not that I'm an expert or anything, but this question has been asked before...but to answer your question yes there is no lag (or at least shouldnt be...depends on your email service). The downside to this is that it obviously wont sync with your outlook tasks, calendar and such...it only really 'syncs' with your email instantaneously by cutting out the middle man (your activesync/wireless sync computer).
  16. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

I just read through the whole thread again and didn't see that question asked... only if it would be capable of acting independently of WirelessSync. Sorry if I missed it (twice). I guess I just didn't see the value, but I guess for those that need their e-mail "right now" and are worried about VZW storing possible confidential e-mail on their servers it's worth it, just maybe not for the "casual" user.
  17. googliada

googliada New Member

well i finally got this app to work. their support is pretty helpful. the only annoying thing i see is this..im seeing this with gmail:

i send an email..the phone auto-pushes it out.
    i receive an email..the phone auto-receives
    i receive both the reply email and email i sent, in my inbox.

according to their support, this is an issue with gmail.

its more of a nuisance than a problem. but other than that, this app seems to be working very well. as long as i dont run into major problems until my trial expires, ill probably end up buying it.
  18. Amosrock

Amosrock New Member

wow...took me less than 5 min to download and set up and now it works perfectly...great app!
  19. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Yeah, it's a pretty awesome app. Been using it for a week and a half now and I can't live without it. Purchased it as soon as the trial expired. Looks like the developer is running a promotion ($19.95) until March 15.
  20. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Definitely Gmail specific issue. It is mentioned in Gmail's help section. If you use the web site to send mail, the mail will show up in the inbox on a POP3 client (including your device). If you send using a client only, you won't have this problem. I monitor 2 accounts, my ISP POP3 and Gmail, this happens with Gmail NOT my ISP POP3 account.