PushEffect Near RealTime PushEmail 4 Gmail/POP/IMAP & adds New Features to Messaging

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by wannaQ, Feb 26, 2007.

1. no problem.

OT- I don't know if it was this program or not because I had this problem before. In my emails I cannot select do not show this message again when clicking a link, it just disappears and kicks me out of the browser. This happened in the past and I did a master reset and it did it again last night after uninstalling this program. So its a master reset and now a backup after EVERY program I install.

No back to your regularly scheduled program.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for the freeze issue (Qore gave me this "tip") when the keyboard is locked and you get a notification, press Messaging followed by the *.

works like a charm..
  3. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

PushEffect now supports AOL and AIM email using a workaround. Although you can't automatically forward all mail from AOL, you CAN "grab" mail from AOL's servers using Gmail, which will then send an SMS notification to PushEffect.

The workaround is listed on our web site in the Tips & Tricks section.

We would like to thank TreeFrog who helped test and confirm this workaround.
  4. Strygun

Strygun Guest

Hey folks,

So, I don't own a Q9C.. yet. I'm doing a lot of research before I take the plunge (mainly just research between Q9C and a Blackberry Curve.)

Anyway, I have a question about PushEffect. The main email that I would like pushed to my phone comes from my university, which uses MS Exchange (I retrieve my mail from Outlook, either on the desktop or Outlook Web Access.) I just looked through the options, and I'm not seeing any option to automatically forward mail to another account. The only way I can think of doing that is to create a Rule that would forward everything to my number through verizon texts. Would that be the best way to do it? Also, in doing that, would it create a lot of "sent emails" in my "sent items" folder because of the forward?

Another question - getting notification that that I got an email is great, and reading it on my device is great. But how could I then access other emails when I needed them? For example... I need to look @ an email stored in a folder on my account. Can I access that folder & email, and then send a message from it? I guess I'm not seeing how PushEmail works, exactly. Does it sit on TOP of WM Outlook on the phone?

Feel free to reply by PM if necessary.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if you have access to an exchange server on your main account i dont think you need pusheffect since pusheffect essentially does what the exchange server does
  6. Strygun

Strygun Guest

Well, I'm on VZW, and AFAIK, they charge an extra fee if you use Exchange servers to get email via their smartphone/PDA plan. Right?
  7. yes all smartphones need data plans for email,, etc. push effects will send a sms then send the email. if you don't want a data plan....just forward your email to #@vtext.com and you would get albeit short emails without data charges...
    using with exchange you won't need pusheffects afaik.

pot 9m....
  8. Strygun

Strygun Guest

but if I didn't use PE, wouldn't I get an extra charge for using exchange? To clarify, AFAIK, VZW charges an EXTRA fee ON TOP of the data plan if you use exchange to get email.
  9. n99hockey

no they dont
    data is data
  10. cliffr39

cliffr39 New Member

Nope, they don't have any extra fees for this. I have the $29.99 smartphone data plan and have my Q9m sync with an exchange server
  11. n99hockey

how long have you had that going
    i was told the 29.99 plan wouldnt allow exchange...

well not that it wouldnt work but they would see it and charge me more
  12. cliffr39

cliffr39 New Member

for about a month. 611 set it up for me. They also give customers 2000 free SMS to use with exchange (since the active sync apparently sends a text message to trigger outlook). Only thing they told me, and their website matches, is that wireless sync (their app) was not included free. I took a few screenshots of what I'm referring to if you would like to see.
  13. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Not working

I use ptd.net pop email. I cant get it to work. it is set up to monitor my account. the @ is in the activate line and the sms body line is blank. i do not see any settings in email to forward message? what am i missing. i also do not see it in running when i check processes. it also has the red check mark in the bottom right corner
  14. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

So how does one set this up for Sprint and not run the risk of never receiving any *real* text messages that happen to be emailed to my xxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com address?

I finally upgraded to unlimited texts and am interested in trying this out, but am worried PE will eat up some legit texts by accident.
  15. n99hockey

read there user guide
    http://www.qorefunctions.com/
  16. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

Maybe I missed it, but the Sprint messaging appends no unique identifier to the text, unlike Verizon (which apparently appends VCAST to the texts).

For sprint, the sender area is the sender's email address, and the subject is the regular subject.

Right now the signal pattern is @, which does work since it denotes an email address that is sending, but I'm assuming that a legitimately sent email would also flag the signal pattern, and PE will intercept the email and initiate a receive.
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

what email account you want to push?
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

19. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

I'm pushing Gmail right now
  20. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

same here and yahoo, my work and home email get forwaded to gmail. I only need 1 account on my phone.