PushEffect by Qorefunctions

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, May 15, 2008.

1. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

Take a look at the Tips & Tricks section of our web site. There is a solution when you can't find a consistent unique identifier.

www.qorefunctions.com
  2. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

PushEffect now supports AOL and AIM email using a workaround. Although you can't automatically forward all mail from AOL, you CAN "grab" mail from AOL's servers using Gmail, which will then send an SMS notification to PushEffect.

The workaround is listed on our web site in the Tips & Tricks section.

We would like to thank TreeFrog who helped test and confirm this workaround.
  3. Bozz

Bozz New Member

How should I post them up???

Bozz
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

take some screeshots of a couple vtext test email sms's and a couple vtext alert sms's. then either post the files here or my email is in my profile!

do you need screenshot software?
  5. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I've seen the screenshot software, will get some in the next day or so and post em' up... I presume you need one from a regular SMS coming in from ****@vtext.com and then another that comes in when it comes forwarded from my mail server?

Bozz
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yup...sounds good!
  7. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Treefrog,

I am PM'ing you those screenshots, since it has my email address and phone number on them.

Please review and let me know what you think. I still don't see anything useful but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,
    Bozz
  8. So if I went this route, can I have emails pushed different ways.
    For instant on gmail, can I have all emails pushed, but thread notifications from this site don't get pushed.
    Also can I set it so that gmail doesn't get pushed 9-5, and work does?
    I mean can an unlimited number of rules be created?
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

You can set a sleep period in PE...but it will be for all accounts..all sms pushes.

As far as filters and rules..unlimited or not..check under gmail settings for forwarding and filters!
  10. Bozz

Bozz New Member

TreeFrog about covered it, but I can tell you what I did -- I changed all my alerts for message boards (including this one) to an email account that I don't have pushed to my Q. This way, the 1M email alerts I get a day don't distract me.

Bozz
  11. Thanks Bozz!
    I thought it pushed all email accounts and not selected ones!
    I may just use it for work email then when I get busier- new job, most emails still coming through personal account.
  12. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Your welcome! You can definately not have all your accounts get pushed, but you can't set them independently for quiet time. I still have all my accounts setup on my Q, but just have certain ones pushed.

Bozz
  13. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

Just to clarify, PushEffect will monitor ALL IMAP and POP accounts you have set up in Messaging for a signal from your mail server. So yes, essentially all accounts can be "pushed" with PushEffect.
  14. Bozz

Bozz New Member

OK, I searched but didn't find anything. This really isn't a PushEffect PROBLEM per-say, but a Verizon thing that I don't like.

I use PE and have 3 email accts. "forwarded" so that PE can do its thing. Problem is, if someone uses Outlook or Outlook Express to send me mail, and requests a read receipt, they get one back from 727423xxxx@vtext.com (my phone #).

I've spent some time mucking around with settings in my Verizon Wireless messaging area but cannot find a way to ignore the read receipt requests.

Any ideas? I love PE and how it gets me my email, but don't really want anyone with a read receipt request to see that it got sent/read on my mobile device.

Thanks,
    Bozz
  15. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

Try using fastmail.fm as a notifier for PushEffect. This workaround is listed in the tips & tricks section of our web site. This workaround will send a short, consistent, unformatted text message through Verizon's system when new messages arrive.
  16. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I looked at Fastmail before but wasn't thrilled about it... if this is what it takes I'll have another look.

Thanks,
    Bozz
  17. QoreFunctions

QoreFunctions New Member

from QoreFunctions

You would only be using fastmail as a notifier (compatible with your cell carrier's SMS system) for PushEffect. You would still be using your original mail server to retrieve the mail from.

This is all explained on our web site. Very easy to set up and works quite well.