PushEffect by Qorefunctions

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, May 15, 2008.

1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ya...sometimes my aol jacks up like that..but thats aol not PE.
  2. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I dunno. I just sent a test email from one of my accounts to another with 2 pictures attached and it displayed fine. Weird, and inconsistant.

Bozz
  3. Bozz

Bozz New Member

PushEffect

I like PushEffect and am glad that I bought it... but I do have an issue and thought I would post them up on here before trying to go thru QoreFunctions.

I have disappearing emails.... no lie. An email will come in, I might/might not view it, and then next thing I know it is GONE. Not in any of my folders for that email account.

Just had one a few minutes ago show up, alert me, and after I told it to download the rest of the message... POOF! Gone... See ya.

WTF? I suspected this was happening as I didn't remember deleting emails I had read, but then they are gone.

I suspect this has to do with it sensing that things are emails... mine is configured to use the @ symbol as the trigger... what do I add to that to be more precise??? This is a part I don't understand.

Bozz
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ Bozz... i have had instances where i thought the email was lost, but it showed up after the next push. i have my "signal pattern" as the first part of my email before the @ ...so far i have had no issues with attachments, i mainly get Word/Excel documents..
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

all PE does is start the email download process...maybe you dont have your mail at the server keep new mail in the inbox and forward it?

as far the @....you need to look at the sms and put the full info in PE. The sender info and some of the sms body if you can!
  6. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I just added my first part of my email address to the '@' to help it trigger ONE of my accounts. What if I have more than one email address that starts out the same way? ie: joesmith@bellsouth.net and joesmith@enron.com? Does it matter if I put 'joesmith@' as the trigger instead of just the '@'

Not sure how to be more specific than that with the SMS... I wonder if just the emails that EVERYONE is BCC:to are the ones disappearing? I don't seem to have trouble with an email from my wife for example, its always the mass-emails from friends that seem to get lost.

If someone to tell me HOW to get more specific with the SMS signal, I will do it!

Thanks,
    Bozz
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

joe-

joesmith@ should be plenty!

What email client you using? and do you have it set to leave a copy in the inbox?
  8. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I am using Outlook and/or Outlook Express .... it is setup at my ISP to forward a copy and leave messages on the server. So, it should hit the process prior to my email client on my desktop seeing the message.

Usually my mail hits the Q before my desktop by a minute or so.

Jason

P.S. - I just used JOESMITH as an example...hahha....
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

mr smith-

hmmm...not sure. Doubt its PE though but you could email them. Only thing PE does is hit the send/receive button for ya...

and ya...I know! :)
  10. Bozz

Bozz New Member

OK, here is a WEIRD one. Remember when I complained of email messages disappearing off my Q? Today I watched it, I had 6 new emails come through on one of my POP3 accounts... I saw what they were, didn't read any of them, and exited out of mail and set my phone down in front of me.

A few moments later, I opened my mail on my desktop and they downloaded... within a few seconds my Q lit up so I watched the screen... the 6 new message alerts on the home screen counted down to 0, and then it went back up to 1 and alerted me of a new message! The previous 6 are GONE, nowhere to be found.

I can understand this with imap, but POP3???? Very, very strange to me.

HELP me understand please.

Thanks,
    Bozz
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea thats what happens when you open outlook and download your email...
    happens to me every day...
    if i want them back on the Q i sync it with active sync and they are then found in my 'outlook' folder
  12. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Thanks... just found it strange that it did that.... I would expect it IF I were using imap, but POP3???

Not sure how/why though, any thoughts?

Bozz
  13. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Alright, its ME again....LOL!

I just figured out that any alerts that I get from websites (news, lockdownalert.com, or inquiries from my website) which use my verizon email address to my phone (*****@vtext.com) do not display on my phone! They come in, PE doesn't know what to do with them because they aren't directed to my email address.... and wham. Gone. Poof. C-ya.

I send a test to my @vtext.com address and my phone lights up -- it probably gets the SMS message, PE gets confused, and nothing...

Anybody got a solution for this?

Bozz
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if you watch your mail account right after the sms does it start syncing?
  15. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Yep, I assume it just doesn't know where to put the SMS message since it fits the criteria of an email but doesn't "fit anywhere".

I sent QoreFunctions an email, and got a response. They were less-than helpful in my eyes. Posting both messages below to see if anyone gets anything out of it that will help. I've tried finding something more unique for a signal pattern but didn't come up with anything. All my incoming SMS messages come from the senders email address or their phone number.

My email to QoreFunctions:

Hi, I recently purchased PushEffect to handle my incoming emails and give me more "push" type email. The program functions great for the most part, but I am struggling with a couple issues on my Motorola Q (WM5).

First, lets say I get emails in on one of my accounts, they come through to my mobile device and I either don't read them right away, or do read them but leave them on my mobile device. At some point, I receive the emails on my desktop PC at my office. Then, the next time a new message(s) comes through to my device-- they disappear off of it! I'm not using imap, I'm using pop3. Why does it do this?

Next, I have verizon wireless... so my forwarded mail goes to xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com . PushEffect processes those incoming SMS messages and directs them to the mail inboxes on my Q. Works pretty good most of the time but now I cannot receive any other SMS messages sent from Verizons messaging page or news alerts I had set to go to xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com. I've noticed that when they come in, my phone will light up, and then nothing happens! My guess is, PE doesn't know what to do with those incoming SMS messages and just ignores them. How do I fix this?

Right now, I am using just the @ symbol as my trigger, because I am unclear of HOW to make it more specific.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
    Jason xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxx@tampabay.rr.com

QoreFunctions Response:

Your first issue has to do with the built in Messaging app and your mail server. PushEffect has nothing to do with message management on the server, it simply triggers the app to initiate a send/receive. Try using the IMAP protocol or upgrade your device to WM6 which has a more robust mail client. We can't really help you here.

Your second issue has to do with the signal pattern. The string you are using must be present in both the SMS signal from your mail server and other text messages. Using only the @ symbol can cause this. Try using a string that's more unique to the SMS notification your mail server is sending, like your account name (if it's present in the message). Turn off PushEffect and see if there is a pattern which is more specific to the mail server. If you can't find one, take a look at the tips and tricks section of our web site, specifically the use of fastmail.fm as notification mechanism.

The forums are also a great place to find answers to questions. Each cell carrier and mail server has slightly different settings and we don't maintain that information.

QF
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I dont know...sounds pretty straight forward to me!

I would for sure look into going IMAP..mucho better in my opinion.

And as far as the string values, does the forwarded email sms have something in the body of the sms..like Subject: or something that your other alerts dont have? If you want you could post up or email me some screenshots of the sms's of each (alerts and email).
  17. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I'll do some reviewing of them again to see if I've missed something. Will post back here if I can't get a handle on it.

Thanks,
    Bozz
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sounds good!
  19. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I did some testing, by turning off PE and sending messages through... 2 of 3 of my email accounts had "some" uniqueness to them... the 3rd... not so much, looks exactly like a message sent to my ****@vtext.com address with ONE exception. Messages sent there have a "Call: 7275551212" added which still leaves nothing unique about that last email acct (which happens to be my main one).

Any thoughts?

Bozz
  20. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

hard to say without seeing the vtext sms's I guess! Of all the accounts I've tried through PE I was able to find at least 1 identifier that would work...whether in the sender section or the body of the sms. Sounds like if the sender area is always xxxx@vtext for alerts and forwarded mail you really need to use something in the sms body area for your vtext account to separate out the alerts!