PushEffect by Qorefunctions

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, May 15, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

PushEffect by Qorefunctions

another rb© approved review, this time it's PushEffect by http://www.qorefunctions.com.

features as listed on their web site:
    • Adds New Features to Messaging Application
    • Push-Style Automatic Message Retrieval
    • Keep EXISTING Email Account at GMail, Yahoo Plus, your ISP, etc.
    • Messages Usually Arrive Within Seconds (No More Scheduled Send/Receive)
    • Monitors Multiple Accounts Simultaneously (Personal, Work, etc.)
    • Exchange Server / imap IDLE Server NOT required
    • No Need to Keep PC Turned On with Redirector or Sync Software Running
    • Automatically Sends Messages (No More Send/Receive)
    • 1 Click Download of Attachments / Rest of Message (No More Send/Receive)
    • New Message Notification Window (Like Email Caller ID - All Accounts including Outlook)
    • User Selectable Sleep Period (So You Won't Be Disturbed!)
    • Small Application Runs Directly on Device - Can Help Improve Battery Life!
    • NO Monthly Service Fees & NO Advertising on Bottom of Outgoing Messages!
    besides from my Q having a corrupted registry (fixed with MR) the install and configuration is basic and straight forward + the Corefunctions web site has a good clear guide, there is also a help guide in the program itself.

some screen shots:

- shortcut in Start Menu
    - main screen
    - send/receive options
    - menu > options screen 1
    - menu > options screen 2
    - the about screen
    - "build-in" user guide

the program has been out for quite a while and has proven itself to be stable and reliable.

my personal experience:

as i mentioned before the setting up was easier then i expected, initially i set this up with my Gmail account which was easy enough then i configured it for my work email which was a little more tricky, not because of PushEffect but because of it had to work with Yahoo, which took some tweaking and setting up filters there but now that it is working it is working ABSOLUTELY *great*, 99% of the emails arrive on my Q faster then in Outlook on my laptop. no more waiting for emails (or having the phone setup to poll for mail every xx amount of minutes with as a result a drain on the battery life) they get pushed close to instantly. and that is something that i really needed since i don't sit at my desk/pc 8 hours a day -it may look that way :}- plus i have customers that email me at night and this way i can promptly reply and i am sure they will be pleased with the response time.. we might re-instate my boss' old credo "we spoil you with our service".

bottom line... for being on the go and being flexible and quick, PushEffect is amazing and in my opinion well worth the money.
  2. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I've been looking into this program for the past couple days, along with MobiPush and comparing and deciding if it is for me or not.

I'm a little unclear IF I can make it work or not. Not sure if my ISP that my personal mail comes in on can be forwarded automatically or not. I have RoadRunner service for that, and don't remember there being an option. I know my gMail, and other addresses can be forwarded though.

Does this program use LESS power on my Q than the traditional "go out and pickup mail" setting I am using now? Those only happen every 30 minutes the way I have it set... PushEffect is running constant on my Q.

Any insight would be helpful!
    Thanks,
    Bozz
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i think almost all email addresses can be forwarded.

and yes it will use less battery since it only connects if there is mail, your Q now polls ever 30 minutes even if there is no mail.

PE runs indeed, but should hardly effect the battery life.
  4. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I just decided to do the trial of PushEffect -- all I can say is WOW! My email comes thru in a matter of seconds... gonna have to breakdown and buy this one I think.

Thanks for the info on it RB.

Bozz
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i myself was also very pleased with the fact that the mail comes in really quick...

on problemo...
  6. I like it alot, but as stated in the other post, will be holding off for a bit.
    I would so go over the txt limit of 500 a month on my plan.
    Too bad they can't group messages then push them if that makes any sense.

I am not knocking the program. Its great! It allows us q users to say your BB has push email, so does mine and I don't need to rely on a server in Ontario being stable for my device to work.
  7. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I considered MobiPush as well, but when reading on their forums I saw several issues posted by people that went unanswered, and apparently then... unsolved.

Any thoughts? Anybody here tried it that can compare against PushEffect?

Bozz
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

tried signing up... but did not get a reply.
  9. RB I was thinking of getting pusheffect but worried about going over 500 messages, especially when getting email updates from eq :)
    I guess I could just turn it off during office hours.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i hear ya... (currently 1071 notification emails from EQ :} depending on the email provider you might be able to work something out with filters.. maybe. i use PE for a Gmail account that i hardly use, and for my work email which i obviously use a lot.. there is a build-in option in PE where you can turn it off automagicly, which i do at night... but then this morning i got about 20 emails pushed, so even if it's inactive the mails are still lined up for when you activate it.. unless you can delete those emails on the server w/ a pc so they will not be pushed..

(wow... that's a long reply for me :}
  11. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Too bad RB didn't get a response, would like to have something to compare PushEffect to, but I guess it isn't really necessary as it works pretty good it seems. Emails are hitting my mobile device before they hit my inbox on my desktop!

As for having a bunch of 'notifications' and things coming through, I am fortunate to have setup an email account that handles all my newsletters and subscriptions, and a seperate one for personal emails. The notifications and things that I occassionally get on my personal one will soon be re-routed so I don't get notification on my Q. :laugh2:

Maybe something like this will work for you Tony BOD...

Bozz
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ Bozz, only thing i can compare it with is Verizon Wireless Sync which is suppose to push emails, but when i tried it it was sluggish and slow while the whole reason is that i want me emails instantly..
  13. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I have had to "soft reset" my phone twice today within an hour because of the Pop-up message from PushEffect when an email came in.... it happens when my keypad is locked and the message pops up.

Any fix to this? I turned off the pop-up message when mail arrives for now but would like to use this feature. Just don't want to deal with my phone locking up all the time.

Bozz
  14. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

Ive been using PushEffect for a while now - in case u didn't know (for those worried about too many emails from EQ) you can set the reminder to "daily" instead of "instant" which will email you only once a day if a thread has been replied to (with all the replies in one email).
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good point.... [​IMG]
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

nice review rb
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thank you sir... it's really a great app.
  18. n99hockey

i want to try it but im afraid i will destroy my text message plan
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, if you setup a account with tons of emails.... only you can tell/decide. i am still on the 2000 p/mo so i should be okay.
  20. n99hockey

yea 2k should be enough...i guess ill have to monitor my texts before i decide