Push Gmail without connection to PC?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Dougmeister, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Member

Push Gmail without connection to PC?

Is it possible to get Gmail pushed to my Q9C (WM 6.1) throughout the day? I do not sync the phone with any computer (home or work).

I've been researching this and can't find a solution that works. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(Would prefer Gmail, but will use Hotmail if I have to. Also, would prefer not to pay for a service or even pay the paltry amount for getting this "Seven" service up and running. Thanks.)

Edit: I found this , but it won't connect for me. Gives me a "Your internet connection is not configured properly" error. I've Googled that, but to no avail...
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

well you could use an IMAP connection, it's not exactly push, but it can be pulled relitively frequently, and it is free
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

I use Push Effects.....not exactly push email ....but it works.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I just tried google's exchange setup and it seems to be working for me on my Touch Pro 2. One question though on the page where it asks for the user name you are substituting your user name for the "user" part?
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

You user name is your full gmail address.
  6. cr08

cr08 New Member

Yeah. For google's sync setup your username is your 'username@gmail.com' address. And at last check the actual server address they show is m.googlemail.com but should simply be m.google.com

I messed around with all the different push apps but they are all just a convoluted mess. The wireless Activesync method is built into WM and is fairly straightforward and foolproof. On the plus side if you use Google's calendar and contacts features you can sync these as well.