push email

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by recife, Aug 24, 2007.

1. miko1970

miko1970 New Member

You're absolutely correct. The difference between the two are like night and day. It's like going from a Yugo to a Beemer.
  2. rh10023

rh10023 New Member

Seems like Emoze is the real push-mail offering that is the most compatible with different mobile smartphones and email systems. I know in this thread there has been mention of others. But looking at the feature list it did not seem like they have the same capability as Emoze. Are there others that have the same capability and Emoze?
  3. windtrader

windtrader New Member

As this forum is everything Q, I assume that is what you have. The Q runs Windows Mobile OS and the email client built in is best supported by Activesynch and MS Exchange Server. This is the only "real" push email system designed in an integrated fashion end-to-end.

Products like eMoze more or less hang onto the PC and provide the capability to access your email from the Q. It is not integrated and has flaws. If you read the posts a few up, you will see that it can create serious problems. This just doesn't happen with the Exchange-Activesynch-Outlook set of tools.

Others that claim "real-time push email" often implement via SMS messaging. Obviously not a designed in method of back end integration. Also, if you don't have an all-you-can-eat SMS plan, the cost will eat YOU. :2cool:
  4. rh10023

rh10023 New Member

Did the next version of Emoze get released? Is it any better?
  5. budman

budman New Member

Nope. I gave up on waiting and started using PushEffect. This works much better than Emoze ever did for me. I guess it should though, PushEffect is not free.

Buddy
  6. rh10023

rh10023 New Member

Took a look at the PushEffect website. Looks like it is a SMS based system. Is this correct?
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Yes...it's SMS.
  8. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

Has anyone had trouble using pusheffect with Xtreme Text? I miss several preset messages when used the 2 together
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

what do you mean? I use both...
  10. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

I mean I have set TXT from Yahoo i.e. Stock Info at 10 am and I don't get them, when both programs are loaded.

Running WM6 on a Q9M
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I set the specific email SMS for PushEffect. XXXX (4 digit) in the sender area, and y-alerts(at)reply(dot)yahoo(dot)com in the body area. Is your sender and body info exactly the same for email vs stock info when the SMS's come in? I used to have the sender area set with the @ only (as they say you can do), but PushEffect was intercepting some important texts from blahblah@blah.

I guess if Yahoo sends you the same body info from the same 4digit number for email alerts and stock alerts, your kinda hosed. Your hidden stock alert will check your mail though!!
  12. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

Here is the kicker, I don't check Yahoo mail I have Comcast and GMail as my only 2 email clients.

Not quite sure on your setting info up, if you could PM the details I would appreciate it

Thanks
    Rick
  13. Irondad

Irondad New Member

I'm a noob so I'm probably missing something.

I did the automatic setup but nothing happened so I tried the manual configuration but I get this when I try to configure it myself:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What am I doing wrong?
    [​IMG]
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

becuase you have the box email checked under active sync settings it wont pull your email with exchange
    uncheck the box in active sync

the message is pretty easy to understand i think
  15. Irondad

Irondad New Member

no... email is NOT checked... that comes up when I check the email box...

Sent from my Q
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

so if you have an exchange server plugged in there is no need to check the email box

if you dont want exchange server then go in to active sync and remove the server information then check the box
  17. Irondad

Irondad New Member

Sorry... I'm new to this... how do I have an exchange server plugged in (I don't even know what that is)?
  18. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Also tried Emoze and and gave up. I also didn't like having to leave my PC on all day. PushEffect is great, never a bit of trouble. Very reliable. Works with most of the free web based email. I use it with Gmail IMAP and Fastmail POP for personal and business accounts. Highly recommended. Not free but only a one time nominal charge. It's worth it for reliability.
  19. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

HA!! I'm getting my money back on this through a class action lawsuit. There is justice!