Push effect email program

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by jskinvest, Apr 5, 2008.

1. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Push effect email program

Has anybody had experience with this:

http://www.mobihand.com/wmexperts/p...-Email-Feature-Add-On-for-WM-5-/-6-SmartPhone

Seems like when you get an email, (IE from gmail), a hidden text message is sent to the phone which activates the program and triggers the send/recieve function. So, effectively your emails are retrieved within seconds of it's arrival. No more having to set up autmated send/recieve.

Any thoughts?
  2. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Works great. Does what it says. Been using it for almost a year now and its been very reliable. Very popular, lot's of folks here use it. I use it with Gmail, Hotmail, and FastMail accounts. It adds some nice features to the Q like sleep period, single click attachment retrieval, popup notification window, etc. Check it out, I think it still offers a free trial.
  3. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Downloaded free seven day trial this morning. So far it works great. Instant email from Gmail!!!!
  4. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

First full day of use and it seems it is quite a battery drain. I guess this would be expected since it is retreiving emails as they come instead of once every 30 minutes (as was scheduled before).
  5. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

Two full days of the free trial and it works great. The only problem I can see is that once in a while GMAIL will fail to forward a message to my phone or will forward it at a later time. Is there a fix for this or is this just a gmail thing?
  6. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

This is a double-post. Have not seen a delay with Gmail.
  7. carz

carz New Member

if it uses hidden texts...then it will quickly rape all ur texts for those on text plans
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if you set it up correctly it only "rapes" the needed texts!

BTW...For some reason your app sees the text and shows it but doesn't "rape" it!!:smile: PE still starts up the download process....
  9. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

What are you talking about?
  10. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

I have an unlimited text package so it doesn't matter. With PushEffect, I've actually seen a battery improvement since it retrieves messages from the mail server only when there are new messages. A scheduled pull is checking even when there are no new messages.
  11. jskinvest

jskinvest New Member

I am using push effect trial. So far so good. What is seven?