PureVPN Feedback

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by craiggiarc, Nov 11, 2008.

1. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

PureVPN Feedback

I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with http://www.purevpn.com/?

I was reading LifeHacker yesterday and they were recommending it as a way to view content from the UK in the US and I would very much like to do that, however some personal accounts from anyone who has used it would be great.

Craig
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I use a Cisco client to tunnel into my college's network, so no experience here.
  3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

thanks Vaz...i guess i'll reply too and say...nope..can't help!! Sorry!! =)
  4. Dr.web

Dr.web New Member

I have experience with http://www.Purevpn.com around 3 months.
    the speed of UK server is good the only problem is, they are a little expensive than similar website .
    You can get test account from them too to check speed in your location.
    I satisfy with Purevpn
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Informative first post Dr.web. Thanks!
  6. Dr.web

Dr.web New Member

You are welcome
    I plan to check other website VPN service too and will share my experience here :2cool:
  7. cindra

cindra Active Member

Hi Dr. web,

Welcome to the forum! :smile:
  8. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

<p>Well I went ahead and purchased a months worth at $6 for a shared UK ip address. I'd be interested to hear your feedback on other options though and I'll report back on my findings too.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Craig</p>
  9. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Well, I've been using PureVPN for a little under a week now and I have to say it the best $6 I've ever spent.

After the PayPal payment went through I received the VPN connection details within 24 hours. On reception of the email I followed the detailed step by step instructions and within 5 minutes I was connected to my UK IP VPN.

Immediately I went to a couple of the sites that I wasn't previously unable to use and straight away I was watching some of my favorite TV shows.

If there is anyone who is frustrated at not being able to visit sites outside of their geographical location I would definitely recommend PureVPN.

Craig
  10. whome

whome New Member

re: PureVPN

Craig,
    I was Googling my favorite VPN, and I saw your post; so I registered to I could respond to it. I see that the post is not current, but maybe you still are undecided.

PureVPN has been my choice for a couple of years now. It is fast, easy to set up and use, and they have the best customer service people you could imagine.

I recommend bypassing Plimus, the company that they have a billing contract with. Email sales@purevpn about that. They now also use AlertPay, which is better; but I think you can PayPal directly to PureVPN. That way there are no delays. Plimus sucks. Do not judge PureVPN if you have an delay or issue with Plimus.

This has been an outstanding service for me all around. Uzair Gadit at sales@purevpn.com is wonderful for any issues that arise. Once in awhile there is an error message or something.

I use this company all the time and I really do get the best service I could ever imagine from them.
    Best ,
    Whome
  11. Nadia

Nadia New Member

I am using http://www.supervpn.net/ and I can tell you that they have great services Only $4 per month! No bandwidth limitation and servers are available all the time!
  12. Kaya

Kaya New Member

Hi Nadia
    I am also using http://www.supervpn.net/ and I am very satisfied. Their service is fast and staff very polite. I am watching online programs when ever I want.
  13. TJ DiLorenzo

TJ DiLorenzo New Member

14. TJ DiLorenzo

TJ DiLorenzo New Member

I advise avoiding PureVPN. I attempted to use their program a proxy to access YouTube while in China. It did not work. I canceled the order within 12 hours. They guarantee refund within 3 days or your order. They would not refund my money. They seem to think 12 hours is longer than 3 days.
  15. Chinophile

Chinophile New Member

i agree...avoid PureVPN...their customer service is terrible...very rude, especially a rep named Naumann. I ordered an account and after my first hour trying to deal with customer service i cancelled immediately
  16. simonwhite

simonwhite New Member

Though the comment is very old but I want to contribute my comments also. I have been using PureVPN for the last 2 months for U.S and U.K purposes. The speed of an internet do not drop when I connect to it. Everything is going good and the price against your security guaranteed is quite reasonable.As far as their support is concerned, I don't feel do get some sort of support from them because all the things and set up are quite easy . As far as I am concerned, I am very much satisfied with this provider.
  17. AmyJohnston

AmyJohnston Guest

I use Superb VPN to bypass barrier which UK High Court made and now I can access to the Pirate Bay without any problems.
  18. Big Duke

Big Duke New Member

PureVPN is horrible!!!! Slow connection speeds, that is if you can even connect and they claim to offer OpenVPN and don't. I cancelled my subcription within the first 3 days. Customer Service and utter joke!