Pure Black

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Prosper, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I've now included a separate LCD_12.ini file into the ZIP file that is available on my page, so users can change the clock to 12hour format if wanted. Installation instructions are included.

Same thing for the Glassy Leaf homescreen, but didn't want to cross post.

Also, the issue with totally black/grey bars (for example in the file explorer) on the Pure Black homescreen should now be fixed.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was gonna talk with you about that.. guessing you just replaced some color codes in the top part of the .xml... i don't want a completely new xml for obvious reasons.
  3. Prosper

Prosper New Member

COLOR_BTNTEXT was changed to white (FFFFFF).

Gotta correct that. BTNTEXT gotta stay at 0, BTNFACE got to be changed to 888888 (at least that's my change, you can also change it to 777777 if wanted :tounge:)
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

for now i changed the BTNTEXT.. seems to have solved what i was aiming for. will play more with the other changes you mention later.

thanks.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did one of these changes also have to do with my current issue, which is when i go (that's so far where i noticed it) to my profiles, i only see that check-mark when i am on it with the selection bar, see the screen shots.
    (ss 001 & ss 002)

TIA..
  6. Prosper

Prosper New Member

That's why I edited my post.
    BTNTEXT = 0,
    BTNFACE = 888888,
    and everything's fine :)
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

almost everything... at rare occasions i use the File Manager instead of Resco, and this is how it looks... and i have to press the down key on the D-pad before i see the selection-bar.

in other apps i have seen no issues.
  8. Prosper

Prosper New Member

What? Are you sure this is theme related? Rebooting doesn't help? Everything's fine for me in the file explorer...

[​IMG]
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i was pretty sure it was until i decided (it seemed like BaseHue did not "hold" the color i kept making the soft keys) to install BlackSoftKeys.cab, now instead of transparent the top & bottom part are black :]
  10. Prosper

Prosper New Member

BlackSoftKeys.cab probably sets BTN_TEXT to black - hardcoded in the registry. That's why the text on the button (BTN :wink:) isn't white - and therefore you have a totally black bar there.

Just thinking loud...

How does it look without using a scheme? Just with the changes I mentioned above?

Also, AutoBaseHue seems to be a good-working solution for softkeys - available on my page for example. ABH restores the color on startup. I'm using this at the moment.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i switched back to the default and after a power cycle the 2 bars in the File Manager are a light gray, which is fine by me.

ABH restores the color on startup, you mean back to what is preset in the color scheme, or to what you set in on with ABH (i think the first) + i use the Greyscale to get it close to black but every time i start ABH it's back in the color mode.

(you have no idea how much we will have to re-adjust once school starts again :}
  12. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Good to hear. At least one thing I do works :tounge:

You first run ABH Chooser. Set it to 239 (darkest grey I could find). Then press OK. ABH should now restore that color on every reboot. If you change your homescreen but want the softkey color you set in ABH, you can run the ABH Setter.

You mean.. cause I'm still up so late? :laugh2:
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there must be more then just one thing :}

<oh spank me hard..> i was messing with BaseHueExpress instead of ABH, did install ABH now and works, even though it is not a very dark gray it's more relevant that it sticks. thanks..

yep.. that is exactly what i mean.
  14. Prosper

Prosper New Member

It sets the same values as BaseHueExpress. 239 is the darkest (IMHO). There's no darker grey with BHE either :tounge:

That's why I go to bed now... Was still working on this one a bit...
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you are without a doubt more into this whole matter then i am, so i am going to take your word..

can't blame ya.. gute nacht :}

(ps. that one kicks ass..)