Pure Black - for Prosper :}

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rudeboy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

this is very odd indeed.. i would have thought/hoped this was an easy switch for you, and the ini file is there where it points to correct ?
  2. SingBar

SingBar New Member

You are correct

*Edit* I think I found the problem. Open the LCD.ini and look at the path for the Horloge_Files.... tell me what you think
  3. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Well thats what it was! Finally got it working, changed the file path to the correct folder and ta-da! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the LCD to display 12hr format instead of 24hr, I'm assuming in the same LCD.ini? Thanks for both your guys help resolving this issue..
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you resolved it yourself... re. the clock, Prosper or the help file should help you there, i like the 24hr format what they call military here correct ?

so you like what i did ? i wasn't sure about the icons i used.
  5. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Yea I really like those icons, it adds to the hs a lot, just an fyi don't know if you meant to do this but the profile when its selected doesn't turn white, I fixed that on mine and even took the LCD mask.bmp and changed the color from the grey to a more visible white because I need brighter text because I have a bad problem with glare. I love the Calender/All-day you did, it was just what I was looking for, thank you so much! I'm still looking for the 12hr format, is the help file in the original .zip from prosper?
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that profile was on purpose... well that is how Prosper did it in the original, i did not (yet) mess with colors, i like the darker style :}

on the 12 hour format: read this.
  7. SingBar

SingBar New Member

The dark style is definitely cool, but I use mine a lot outdoors and need the black background with bright text in order to see anything! Its such a pain.

Haha I have a bad habit of that. I'll d/l a hs and just start changing stuff left and right until I forget what I'm doing and have to re-d/l it :} Yea I read in a post by Prosper on SBSH's forum that he has a file that allows you to change the format so I've put in a PM to Prosper.
  8. spork27

spork27 Member

I too have this set up how I want. I added in the date and made the clock a little brighter. The only thing I was wondering was if there was anymore information on getting the clock into a 12 hour format.

I'm also using a slightly edited version of Prosper's STK skin along with some icons from Gadget.
  9. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Check the .zip that the pure-black came in and look for LCD_12.ini just change the name to LCD.ini and replace the one you have in the LCD folder on your Q. If you don't have it then you need to re-d/l the .zip from Prosper's site.

Where did you put the date, I'm trying to possibly do the same thing...could I maybe see a Screen Shot :}
  10. Prosper

Prosper New Member

The date is already on the second bar? Next to Carrier and WiFi status...
  11. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Not on mine it doesn't. I don't have any of that stuff on mine :{ help...?

from the Q...
  12. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Ah sorry, you're using RB's mod, right? My original version includes date, carrier and wifi status, RB's mod doesn't.
  13. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Yea I'm using RB's, I wouldn't think that he'd leave it out though...? I have the room for it on my second line should I just copy the .xml code from the original version? would that work?
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes, i left that out as it is useless info to me... i know which carrier i use. and using Facade already gives me today's date on the scheduler/calendar part of the screen.. we don't have WiFi so that line went pronto :}

but yea, you can copy and paste from the original.. you might have to change the spacer and what not to get it all lined up again.

when i say minimal, i mean minimal ;}
  15. SingBar

SingBar New Member

RB, I checked both yours and Prosper's and you guys both have the carrier/date in the .xml. So I can't see whats different to try and fix it...
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

indeed... it's commented out (<!-- -->) in mine so mess with that and when you do change the height of the spacer.
  17. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Sorry you'll have to excuse my inept ability in .xml thank god for madbeetle haha :}
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh shoot... please tell me you didn't load it in MadBeetle, my guess is that MB will mess up the code :(

did it ?
  19. SingBar

SingBar New Member

Oh heavens NO, MB messes up every well built home screen. I just attempted to fix it and it was a complete disaster... I have minimal concept of .xml and this is above my head trying to fix the spacers. And when I say minimal, I mean minimal :}
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

is this your way of asking me to do it ? you want to see the date and the carrier ?