progress Carbon w/ tabs

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rudeboy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

keep going at it... lotsa help here and else on the SBSH/Facade forum..
  2. ekeown

ekeown New Member

Don't worry, I didn't take it as criticism in the least. Thanks for your help on using the orange plugin too! I'd had messed with focus and child at one point, but didn't notice the black highlight going away.

OK, I took a different route, but I've got something that works that I feel most everyone should be satisfied with.

I've got the profile and bluetooth icons in the upper corners, with no text displayed next to them unless they are currently highlighted. Instead of using the bluetooth plugin I'm using a link to the bluetooth manager. The advantage of it is, this way the bluetooth settings are always a click away from the homescreen weither or not bluetooth is on, and it does not mess with the layout (both problems I mentioned in my previous post are gone using this method). The only disadvantage I see is you don't get the quicker interface you see when bluetooth is turned on and you use the bluetooth plugin.

In theory, if I can find the dll or whatever file that the bluetooth plugin actually uses I may be able to directly access it using this current method.

So, what do you guys think? Go ahead an post this, or keep working towards a better solution?

Attached Files:

3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

if i were you i would post/include both version... and on the other earlier version only make the profile selectable with the CHILD function. we can put both screen shots on and one download.

you can always keep plugging away but this way people can at least use 1 of the 2, which ever they decide.
  4. ekeown

ekeown New Member

The only problem is that the earlier version only looks right if bluetooth is turned on all the time, if you turn it off it screws up the entire profile. So far, I've yet to come up with a proper solution aside from move the profile and bluetooth plugins to the bottom of the screen and move everything else up. I'll probably end up just doing that, but it will take me longer, where as the version I posted the animated gif of is ready to go now.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you know, ultimately we only post what you tell us too.... if you don't feel comfortable posting a screen that messes up due to BT, which i understand we will not put it up... we are not in a hurry :}
  6. studioCJF

studioCJF New Member

IMO the profile and bluetooth should remain at the top. I think the work around you show here is a good one. So go ahead and post it until you (or we :wink: ) come up with a way to add the text and functionality back. I for one prefer the texted version.

Also... I am not sure what rude boy means by CHILD -v- FOCUS... but in your first scenario is it possible to insert/invoke a dummy place holder that keeps the layout stable when bluetooth is turned off?

OH! I forgot... I am only getting 2 lines of text in the schedule. How did you get 3 as you show in the screen shot?
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it goes in the plugin definition line, as handlekeys="FOCUS" or "CHILD", focus makes the plugin selectable while child does not..

you need the Orange plugin.
  8. studioCJF

studioCJF New Member

I just down loaded this from Scott's page... I assume that is the correct file?
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yep that is the one.. s-/b-ad thing baout the Orange plugin, no one seems to have doc file so i guess not a lot of folks know the possibilities. (incl. me)
  10. ekeown

ekeown New Member

OK version 2.0 can be downloaded HERE

I went ahead and just released it with my bluetooth workaround. Hopefully after you've all used it you'll like it, as I'm not having any luck getting the bluetooth plugin to play nice. The zip file is hosted offsite, and again includes the LCD plugin cab file as well as version 1.0.

Version 2.0 requires the 4Orangeh.dll plugin to be installed on your device to work properly.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

is that screen shot you posted above correct?

ps. sorry i missed all the action today as i was away (playing golf :tounge:)
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you can have this one :}
  13. ekeown

ekeown New Member

Yes it is.