progress Carbon w/ tabs

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rudeboy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i agree w/ Scott... looks sweet, and i am no longer looking for a design, one is being made and it's going to be so kick ass :}
  2. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Just to clarify... I think this is rope's LCD design. Check the original here...
    http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=17750

BTT - I like the remix :smile: I'd probably change the grey background of the LCD plugin to something that matches the Carbon look better ... but looks nice that way, too. The glow adds something special :2cool:
  3. ekeown

ekeown New Member

Wow thanks, I'll have to post the files here after I get home from work. I'm also currently using the Missed Call screen that you had Eko make to match the carbon fiber theme

You are correct about the plugin, I had only come across it the first time in Zone97's remix. As for the background for the plugin, I like it but would love to have it match the carbon fiber look, but the plugin itself features that color, so I had to add a border into the carbon fiber background to make it look right. Since you've pointed me in the right direction with the LCD plugin maybe I'll be able to find away for it to use a transparent background.

This is my first attempt at designing a homescreen, and I'm new to the whole Q/smartphone scene, so if I'm out of line remixing other people's excellent work, please let me know. I'd hate to step on anyones toes, I just felt that modifying something that already looks great, would be a good learning process...you know baby steps.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that is great
    i really do think im going to switch to this one...

and i agree to get rid of the time and date in the carrier plugin line...

cant wait to see your final product
  5. Prosper

Prosper New Member

No problem with modifying otherone's work :wink: Most designers want credits (just a link to the original), but it's totally ok to use other homescreens as basic or parts of other homescreens for own designs (IMO. Other ppl might see that different)...

Just wanted to mention that rope actually did that LCD plugin design. You know, he's a friend of mine here in Germany, and he helped me to get on with the LCD plugin, too, when I started working with that one :tounge:
    That's why I just knew it is his design :laugh2:
  6. studioCJF

studioCJF New Member

Please!

Please post files... Please! I love this screen :w00t:
  7. ekeown

ekeown New Member

LCD Carbon Fiber Tabs

OK here we go. Since the LCD plugin is included in with the zip file, I'm hosting it offsite HERE

This is version 1.0, and is the same as my original screenshot, other than the normal date and time being removed from the carrier line, no other changes have been made to the design.

Attached Files:

8. n99hockey

this is now my new homescreen!
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

good job there....
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and did you add it to the homescreen collection thread ?

it is a damn sweet screen..
  11. studioCJF

studioCJF New Member

It now my new homescreen as well... Thanks again
  12. n99hockey

just had a thought for v2.0

on the top where you have 'home service'
    on either side you could have the profile plugin and the bluetooth plugin

might be kinda neat since you dont need that area for time and date anymore
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

very good idea... those are the 2 things most often not on a home screen, plus the 2 things i really like to have on my home screen :}
  14. n99hockey

thanks!
    just seems like it would fit

i wonder if he could do it?
    is that an orange plugin thing?
  15. ekeown

ekeown New Member

I'm guessing you guys want this...:smile:

two minor issues I'm looking to resolve before sharing
    1) Most of the time (but not every time, go figure) the layout is off by a few pixels, until the Launcher tab is selected, then everything magically straightens itself out and looks perfect. This problem occurs immediately after selecting the theme.
    2) If you turn of your bluetooth, through the bluetooth manager then the bluetooth icon disappears from the top right hand corner of the screen. When the icon disappears the screen is then off by a few pixels, probably exactly as mentioned in issue 1, except this time going to the Launcher tab does not fix the problem, only turning bluetooth back on does.

Hopefully that makes sense and isn't just the crazy gibberish of a man who has spent way too long trying to chase down the cause of these bugs...

Attached Files:

16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i agree.... would be nice. and yes, in order to get them on the same line the Orange plugin needs to be used.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i feel your pain.... many many hours i have "wasted" to get the Bluetooth plugin to cooperate with my wishes, and the nicest way i can describe it is it's a bitch :}

where is the Bluetooth text ?
  18. ekeown

ekeown New Member

I set the width of the orange shortcut that holds the bluetooth plugin to 0, so it only shows the logo. mainly for two reasons, 1 there is a white line under the bluetooth plugin I can't get rid of, and 2 whenever the bluetooth plugin is highlighted the entire shortcut's background goes black. Both of those really keep the plugin from matching the rest of the theme, so I found by setting the width to zero you only see the icon and don't have to deal with the extra line or the black background issue.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you can make the BT plugin un-selectable, you know that right ? instead of FOCUS it should be CHILD. and yea... you would still be having issues with the white line, i wasn't criticizing you btw..
  20. studioCJF

studioCJF New Member

You guessed right... but i can wait until you figure out the bugs first. I only wish I had time, and a little more skill to help you out. My Facade skills are very basic... I have really only fooled with minor changes with existing screens... but I am sarting to get the hang of it little by little :biggrin: