progress Carbon w/ tabs

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rudeboy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

progress Carbon w/ tabs

about a days work... going back & forth and keep in mind i do this is Notepad, then copy and apply on the phone using Facade.

not yet close to how i envisioned it.

but.. i want to share :}

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

oooh very nice!

what else you going to do to it?
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ideally or realistically :}

i want/would like:
    • profile in the top bar.. it's so empty if there is no missed call or other icons
    • some sort of subtle background image or a better (for the time being use mesh since the carbon bg is made for a different layout)
    • maybe (most likely) some colors
    • profile (if first "wish" can't be accomplished) next to clock
    • missed call maybe next to the clock also
    • Bluetooth plugin (if not to intrusive)
    more things will come to mind i think as i go along...
  4. n99hockey

thats a decent list
    interesting to see how you integrate most (if not all...knowing you :tounge:) to your screen!
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks buddy... while driving home i checked the screen out many times and i am pretty sure i am just going to use the digital clock, analog is cool but i need the real estate :}

i'm (as you might know :} am very picky when it comes to that sorta stuff, i will keep you guys posted (if you want or not :}
  6. n99hockey

haha yea i know! :tounge:

and i could see the analog being a pain not only for size but not easy to read very quickly! (atleast for me)

and yea of course post back what you keep coming up with!
  7. kellybrf

kellybrf New Member

some help would be appreciated. im trying to make my own homescreen but dont know xml so im using another layout i like and modifying a few things. first, how do i take a screenshot of the homepage, and secondly, how do i change the text color for the various items (messages, calander and tasks, etc?) thanks guys!
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome to my thread :} screen shots, take your pick:
    Ilium Screen Capture or PocketSnapIt. look around in this tutorial for help on changing colors etc.

plus going through the threads in this very forum would also help you... it should not come as a surprise that most if not all of this has already been discussed and/or explained in other threads/posts..
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

limited to no progress today... you know the story. hey how do you deal wiht only one appointment visible for one day ? ok, i am not the most busiest dude around but still... there fore i am looking (requesting :} to move the tabs slightly so there is at least room for 2 appointments.. i realize it cuts down real estate but, well :}
  10. n99hockey

eh i dont mind it
    i just scroll to the right and more show up...never really bothered me
    but yea if you bring it up you should have enough room
    then again if i did that i would have to edit the background image...but since you got rid of that 'block where the info is' you can do it pretty easily
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea it just occurred to me last night, and i can;t let it go :} i know left/right allows me to scroll but for some reason i would like to see @ least 2. yeah.. i went back & forth between mesh and the carbon background and yes it needs to be edited if you want more appt's visible.. don't you wish the screen was bigger, nah that would take away the challenge to make things fit :}
  12. n99hockey

haha yea any time we have a problem we can just make the device larger! :laugh2:

2 items arent bad to have its just to much work for me to do...lol
  13. kellybrf

kellybrf New Member

thanks. i dont mean to hijack but figured youre helpful and this is a thread about a developing screen. ive figured out all the colors except COLOR_TEXTSELECT. i changed it to a neon pink and havent been able to find it so it seems inconsequential, but im kinda curious.

ive pretty much got everything i want set up properly. it looks like i cant really pick the color of the title bar, which sucks but it is what it is. the only other issue im having is that when text is highlighted in a tab the text doesnt change color like it does on the rest of the home screen. heres a screen shot of what im talking about...

fizz weather is properly highlighted and the text changes colors
    [​IMG]

when the tab is selected (or the text underneath) the text remains blue
    [​IMG]

im using fascade 1.22.1 and in the color settings its showing 'selection highlight color' to be color_homehighlight, which is blue, although in the colors section of fascade its showing it as the gold with blue text. im actually looking for gold with blue text, like the weather app is. any suggestions?
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no biggie.... my threads are for everybody :}

are you changing colors in Facade ? i did that for the while but it is just not clear to me so i only do it in the .xml.. regarding the pink, i've had colors that i changed and didn't find what they actually did until days later :}
    the title bar, i am guessing you mean the iconbar ? yes, you can change that directly inside the plugin:

15. kellybrf

kellybrf New Member

no, i actually went through the xml file and changed the colors two at a time to figure out what they did. then i found this thread, oh well lol!

by title bar i meant the softkeys and the icon bar at the top (like these,) not just the text. i want to make it the dark blue with gold txt, but when i change the background color to blue it appears windows reformats it to the blue it wants. it didnt seem that there was any way to change this, but if im wrong id be really happy!

also, any suggestion for the fascade tab text changing color when highlighted? thats the biggest issue i have
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

eko might be able to assist with the Softkey color.. mine are (still) boring default :}

ps. Der Alta is "messing" with this also, check this thread..

the Facade tab change color on the screen i use is done by using 2 tabs, one unselected, one for selected.
  17. kellybrf

kellybrf New Member

haha, yeah i got the softkey link from that thread! ive got that COLOR_TRAYGRADIANTLEFT (and a right also) but it doesnt change to the color i want. ill ask in there and see whats up

im not sure how to do one selected, one not selected but i changed my highlight color so that solved that!

another thing. i want to move my tabs down five pixles or so, which portion changes that spacing (or am i looking in the wrong place altogether?) thanks again for all the help!
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

5 pixels down from the top of where the Facade portion begins ? try looking in the Layout option IN Facade settings, it might be there somewhere.

or...
    that also seems to be the portion where you switch from selected to unselected (this cut-off piece came out of my Black.mesh home screen)
  19. ekeown

ekeown New Member

Well rudeboy, it looks like you and I are looking for a similar design. I love the carbon fiber with tabs design, but don't really care for having the weather on the home screen, so I went with the LCD time and date plugin that was found in Zone97's All black homescreen (here).

The screen cap is a tab bit outdated, after I took it I removed the default date and time from the upper corners of the screen.

I'm not finished yet, I'll probably remove the homescreen/provider name move the clock up and message count area up, then add space for the profile.

Attached Files:

20. n99hockey

wow i love it!

i might have to steal that

ps. you should definately post your files so others can use it!