Programs crashing: Need help

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by ii Candor ii, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

Programs crashing: Need help

Hey guys. Saturday night I did the speed hack where you change the glyph cache and fatfs cache to make your IE browsing faster. I did it successfully and it worked great for the next day. Also, yesterday I did a basic audio file hack. I overwrote that annoying sound it makes when you press back while you're writing a text and there's nothing to delete. The overwrite went fine and it worked great.

Now, whenever I use TCPMP, IE, PocketSNES, File Manager, etc, the program crashes and goes back to the home screen. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this before/after hacking?
  2. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

So far I have tried:
    Soft reset
    Hard reset
    Reverted back to original glyph cache and fatfs values
    Killed all running programs in Task Manager

And none of this has worked. The only thing I haven't done is restored the original default.wav sound from the overwrite.

I just got this Q like 4 days ago.
  3. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

I went ahead and reverted the default.wav file to the original, did a had reset, and IE is still crashing. It seems like it goes back to the homescreen every time IE tries to open a new page. You can then select the IE icon again and when it opens it's on the page you were trying to get to before.

This is very aggravating. I suppose I'm going to end up having to do a master reset. I hope that fixes it.
  4. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

Looks like the master reset fixed it. I'm still wondering what caused it though. Perhaps I'll steer clear of hacks in the future.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

program "exiting" within a short time of starting is simply the screen Time out, set it to Never and it won't jump back and/or out of programs.
  6. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

Wow. Are you kidding me? I just did a master reset and all it was was a silly setting. Man I feel stupid. Maybe I'll redo the speed hack and the default.wav overwrite. Cripes, what a waste of time.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i think that is what it was.. and if i saw the time-line of your posts correctly you didn't give members a lot of time to reply and/or help you.
  8. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

I agree, and I'm not blaming anybody. I waited about 45 minutes before running the master reset. You live and learn. It won't take that long to reload my apps and get my email up and running. Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I'll wait longer next time.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i can imagine how you felt... i have little to no patience at times :} this has been discussed before but maybe hard to find since different members describe the issue differently..

hey.... i did a few Master Reset's and never mind doing it all again :}

good luck..