Problems with Spectec Wifi Card

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by jsnismoz, May 14, 2009.

1. jsnismoz

jsnismoz New Member

Problems with Spectec Wifi Card

Hi all. Ive had my Q9m for about a month and am very happy with it. New member here in this forum.

I received information from reading this forum and others that in order to get the wifi card to work, I have to to to spectecs website and download the SDW-822 WM6.0 driver for the Q9m.

Once I did that, the file downloaded to my computer as 2 files. one is called _setup (3.29 KB), the other is called 0WLAN11b.001 (145 KB).

Now when I click on these files it gives me the option to extract them, but I cannot figure out how to get the driver on my phone.

My phone is plugged into my computer throught he USB cable, and it shows up as a portable device, but I cannot seem to figure out how to install these files to my phone.

Any suggestions?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Do you have active sync 4.5 (XP) or WMDC 6.1 (Vista) installed? You can dl them at microsoft.com.
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

aaaaaaaand welcome to the Eq
  4. jsnismoz

jsnismoz New Member

I already had ActiveSync on my phone... did not realize that only worked for XP.

So I downloaded the WDMC plug-in to my computer, but I still don't see how that helps me.

When i go to wireless manager on my phone only bluetooth and phone show up.... no available wireless networks
  5. topgun2b

topgun2b New Member

jsnismoz - Any chance you can comment on where you purchased your 822 card for the Q and if you resolved your connection issue. I got a hand me down QM from my daughter and I'd love to connect to the internet at a local hot spot. RSVP that you..
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

best guess would be spectec.com!
  7. jsnismoz

jsnismoz New Member

yup got it on spectec.com...... still have not resolved the issue though. cant figure it out