Problems sending pictures via MMS from WP7 to iPhone???!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by keller56, Jan 12, 2011.

1. keller56

keller56 New Member

I have the HTC Surround and my wife has iPhone 3GS. My sister in law has iPhone 4. I have tried multiple times (and tested all resolutions) to take a picture with my Surround and send it via MMS to my wife and/or sis in law. The iPhone receives the picture in the MMS thread, but once they save it to their phone, the iPhone says "Rebuilding Photo Library" and when completed, the picture shows up as a white or gray box that says "JPEG". Both iPhones are running the current iOS version. I cannot find an explanation and/or resolution to this problem anywhere. I love my Surround and was happy to leave my iPhone behind, but this could be a definite deal breaker if not fixed. Anyone got any ideas?
  2. jab119

jab119 Member

have them power cycle their phones and try it again, I dont think it will help but its worth a shot.

last night i sent my wife a MMS with a photo i took using my Samsung Focus to her iPhone 3Gs. She received the txt part of the message about 30 seconds before the photo came through. This tells me there is a possible issue with the MMS server and or the network.
    I just checked her phone and saved the photo from the MMS to the phone. I went into photos and it was there just fine and did not have any of the issues you described. Im not sure what would cause the problem you are having as it sounds very odd. Im guessing the photo looks fine on your phone?
    Do you know anyone else with an iPhone you can test this with?

James
  3. ajayden

ajayden Member

are the iPhones jailbroken? Just to receive/save a picture, the whole picture library will not rebuild on a iPhone. IT is either a jailbroken iPhone with the settings gone haywire or a bad install of the original iOS. If it is on the original iOS, you just have to backup your iPhone to iTunes and then restore the OS. Then try to send an MMS again.

I tried with my wife's iPhone and it works perfectly.

Hope that helps.
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

5. keller56

keller56 New Member

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'll try some of the things suggested this evening. Neither iPhone is jailbroken or tampered with and both are running the most current version of iOS. Yes the picture looks fine on my Surround and it looks fine in the MMS thread on the iPhones. The problem occurs once they attempt to save it to the iPhone library. Im encouraged that a few of you are saying that you have successfully texted pics to an iPhone, but can I get a clarification that you actually saved it to the iPhone library without issue? Thanks again for the info.
  6. jab119

jab119 Member

yes, when I sent the photo from my Samsung Focus to my wife's iPhone 3Gs. I saved it to the phone, then opened up the photos and the photo displayed just fine.
  7. ajayden

ajayden Member

Yes, I tried saving before posting this reply and it works perfectly. The picture displayed perfectly after saving on the iPhone.
  8. RobR

RobR Member

Same here, I can send a picture through MMS to my iPhone 3GS save the photo and it displays just fine.
  9. Pancake mix

Pancake mix New Member

I have the same problem as i own both the Samsung Focus and an iPHone 4. I;ve taken pics with my Focus and sent it to my iPhone, and it wont save. It will display in the Text Message, but wont Save. It crashes the iPhone's library
  10. RobR

RobR Member

Looks like it's an iPhone 4 issue to me, so far 3GS users have no problem but two iPhone 4 users experience the same issue.
  11. ajayden

ajayden Member

It is definitely an iPhone issue. As posted above by me, I had tested on iPhone 4 and it worked.
  12. RobR

RobR Member

Oh, thought I was seeing a pattern but I guess not. [​IMG]
  13. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I noticed this Sunday that at least on my Samsung Focus I couldn't view pictures emailed from an iPhone 4. My email did show the attachment was there, but there was no loaded picture or download button once I opened the email.
  14. hasankamal

hasankamal New Member

IT is either a jailbroken iPhone with the settings gone haywire or a bad install of the original iOS.
  15. Steve Rand

Steve Rand New Member

I found this thread via Google, and I thought it must be to do with either photoalbums+ or cyntact.. turns out it's photoalbums+ for many people.
    I have exactly the same problem on my iPhone4 5.01 redsnow or limerain (forgot this time round) and I have a paid version of PhotoAlbums+.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1349328