problem with sms on GSM network

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by Qcumber, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

problem with sms on GSM network

Guys, I'm using the Nap on GSM network (Russia) and problem I have is that I can receive sms no problem but whenever I send one the recpient only gets first letter of the message and numerous "@" after it. I think the problem might be that network identifies my phone number incorrectly. If I go to Settings -> Phone -> Call Options then under "Phone number:" I see 0000009115 which surely is not the number I use. I wonder if anyone could spill any light? I love this phone and am frustrated over this problem.
    I have h/w version 3.2 and flashed 1.31 firmware. Tried 1.34 to see if it would fix problem but to no avail. Networks is set to "GSM only"; selecting "Global" doeesn't help.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Probably not the problem. I used my Nap in the Philippines with a local sim card and my phone number from the US still appeared under call options.
  3. dreys

dreys New Member

I assume you type in Latin and not Cyrillic? Have you tried using other phone with the same GSM card?

I had no problems using several US-made phone on both MTS and Bee-Line, all worked fine.
  4. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

Latin, yes. Same SIM card works fine with all other phones including Q8. I've also tried another SIM card with Napoleon (different provider) and sms I send are still nor readable. So the problem is within the phone...
  5. Qcumber

Qcumber New Member

Problem fixed upon disabling Unicode in Messges -> Settings. Now people can read my sms. It's strange though that enabled Unicode had such a disastrous effect.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hey good job. Thanks for updating us.