Problem With Home Screen Short Cuts

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by beaner1827, Nov 26, 2007.

1. beaner1827

beaner1827 New Member

Problem With Home Screen Short Cuts

For some strange reason the short cuts i selected will not show up on the top of the home screen. Has some random ones on there. I went into the define short cuts and selected the ones i desired and still the same problem.

Also, i followed the directions on downloading a wallpaper and i get this message

" Ringer Off. The layout you have selected cannot be loaded. Please select a different layout using the home screen item in settings"

any thoughts?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

please dont post the same questions twice
  3. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

First off, how are u selecting the shortcuts? Secondly, it sounds like something is F&*k'd up in your xml. Try posting it or attaching it so peeps can check it out.
    Peace:smile:
  4. beaner1827

beaner1827 New Member

How i try to edit my short cuts
    1)Press Start
    2)Personalize my Q
    3) Home Screen Shortcuts
    4) Have Show User Defined SHortcuts clicked
    5) Go under this selection to Define Shortcuts and i selected the ones that i desire.

I don't know how i would show you my XML format. I download the ones from the site and send it from my mac via bluetooth. It saved in my documents and i shows up in my homescreen layout selection.
  5. spork27

spork27 Member

The ones normally posted here are setup to show MRU apps, not the ones from using Personalize my Q.

By the way, I assume you have a Q9. As far as I can figure, what you are doing in Personalize my Q isn't even available on the original Q. Which explains the confusion you're getting from some others.

Anyway, the short of this is that to get it to work you will have to go into the code of the Homescreen and replace some stuff. Try this thread.
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-home-screens-and-wallpapers/q9m-screen-shortcuts-13235.html
  6. beaner1827

beaner1827 New Member

didn't work.odd and annoying at the same time