Problem with 3GP video taken by Q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by zenkinz, Mar 20, 2008.

1. zanekimaka

zanekimaka New Member

Same problem here...

If I try to play in Quicktime or Real Player, the screen will be either black or white and only play audio. However, I've found that the videos that I've recorder in a lower res play fine on my computer. I downloaded a codec pack from CNET and now I can play the files on wmp on my home computer, but still no luch on QT or RP. I still haven't been able to locate codecs fro those. I also can't play/edit the videos on Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0. Whoever finds the codecs, please post.
  2. marklichengwu

marklichengwu New Member

For what it is worth, Nokia Media Player plays my Q9h videos with audio on my laptop just fine.
  3. zanekimaka

zanekimaka New Member

won't play vids shot at 320x240 res

There's no problem playing 3gpp vids which were shot on my cellphone at 128x96 res. It won't play vids shot at 320x240 res.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Does anyone know what the codec pack for WMP is called? I searched CNET, but can't seem to find one that supports 3gp. A codec for QT would be nice too...
  5. 10pshr

10pshr New Member

3GP video

Is there any way to change the attributes of a 3GP video file. I'm trying to forward it via bluetooth but the attributes of the file show that it can not be forwarded and it's greyed out so I can't change it. Is there a way to do it from my phone (which is the 9H silver btw.) or do I need a third party program?
  6. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Have you tried MP4 format? I usually just export from QuicktimePro in iPod MP4 format.
  7. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

The problem we're having isn't playing it, it's the fact that the phone is taking the video in this .3gp format instead of .mpeg, or .wmv, or even .mp4. Having to convert the file after syncing to get it onto a computer is beyond stupid. How many people are going to understand that process when they just want to play a video on their phone that they took on their phone.
  8. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

It doesn't sound like you are proposing a solution then. Getting people to mod the phone to save in a different format will be next to impossible. If this is just a rant on the camera, you might as well close the thread.

Changing the format of an existing video before you put it on your card though, is easy, and can be done with many tools to get a great video onto your card.
  9. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

i wasnt proposing a soution because i dont know one. i wasnt trying to rant but just inform on what exactly the problem we're having is. i wasnt trying to say that we should hack the phone to change the format, just saying that having other format options would be nice. changing the fileon the computer before putting it on the phone is easy enough though.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Codec pack to support 320x240 3gp vids on WMP

Got this link from another member in another site. I tested it and it works great. Still no support for QT though, just WMP:

http://www.mediacodec.org/