PROBLEM!!! I need to downgrade from beta Mango, to official s/w, without the backup file!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by briankeith513, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I am very tempted to jump in... But I couldn't had tons of problems trying to update to the first mango build. So I guess I should wait...
  2. briankeith513

briankeith513 New Member

Well, I'm updating now, and its going a lot easier for me than the first mango update did. I'll let you know how it turns out for me. If I can do it, a caveman can do it. lol
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hahahahaha! Nice. Please do report back.
  4. briankeith513

briankeith513 New Member

Haha, done, very painless, and only took 20 min or less...coming from 7712. Now, I just want to know if this is the official version, and will I now be able to get future official updates, or will I still need to downgrade to NoDo at some point? Downgrading to Nodo has been the hard part.
    ninjaap likes this.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I think I'll give it a go. Mine will probably take longer than 20 mins considering that I'm coming from NoDo.
  6. Sb.

Sb. Member

I had heaps of issues trying to install mango beta and even after doing all the backups had the same issue of not having the option to backup to a previous state in zune. I found that flashing a new rom and starting over was the only solution. Done all the updates from the beginning and swapped to a rogers Rom.
  7. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

I have the Verizon Trophy. As for your second question, XDA says they will have a fix that will allow the legal Mango to to be updated. I hope that true.
  8. briankeith513

briankeith513 New Member

Me too, thanks for the info.
  9. ajayden

ajayden Member

Yes Ninjaap, From NoDo, the update takes around 1 hour plus but this is the full version and has all the new features. I am looking forward to usb or wifi tethering on the official release from the manufacturers
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Mine took over 2 hours! :eek:

I thought tethering is already supported since first release of WP7? AFIK it's up to carriers to enable them.
  11. ajayden

ajayden Member

I checked with my carrier here and they replied that they have not added tethering yet. :(
  12. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'd like to update to 7720, but I run Windows 7 on an SSD that's running extremely low on space. Afraid I will have issues with backups, etc. I can live for now with the "not for resale" note during restarts.
  13. Trevor Higgs

Trevor Higgs New Member

I had the same problem. All you have to do is just downgrade your zune software. I did a google search and found a download link. got everything to work lol. good luck!
    chris likes this.