PRL 60611 and the Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by tbhausen, Jan 8, 2008.

1. adma

adma New Member

Just call back and say PRL Upgrade at the prompt. Then it will connect you to a human...tell them you need your account flagged for a PRL update. There is a new update out, 60711
  2. Noodlez

Noodlez New Member

I have just sent eCare a email in the past to flag my old Q, I used the live chat yesterday for the Q9 and then got promted for the update and it said it was done. rebooted phone and no suck luck :/
  3. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

I got the update, didnt request it, but when i called *2 once it told me that there was an update for the phone, and that it was going to apply it. It did, the phone restarted, and sure enough the PRL is now at 60611. Now thereafter my calls to *2 always fail, I have to use another sprint phone or dial the 800 number (and use my minutes) to get to customer service. And, the signal seems to be weaker in my office building now. More like a downgrade for me, cause more problems than it supposedly corrected. (if it corrected anything at all)
  4. Tristan944

Tristan944 New Member

I called Sprint Technical Support and spoke to a lady about it. She at first said they couldnt push it to me, but then she went and spoke to a friend there and came back and told me they could. She didnt know about it or how to do it.

So she pushed it to me, I hung up and called *2, got the message saying "You are entitled to a free update....", waited for the update (about 25 seconds), got off, turned off the phone, turned it back on, checked where the PRL is located, and it indeed was updated to 60611.
  5. adma

adma New Member

Good to hear :)
  6. JMak

JMak New Member

Just had mine updated today. Had to call *2 first. The moron CSR could barely speak English and didn't understand that I was simplyasking for a PRL update. The fool wanted to argue withme that I didn't need the update because roaming is already included in my plan. Then after explaining that she would update the phone I asked how I could verify that the update actually happened. Shetold me to turn the phone off, remove the battery, and then reinstall and start the phone backup. I asked if this would reset any or all of my settings and her only response(repeated three times) was that I needed to go into my settings and select Sprint only. WTF is wrong with some of these people?

Not only did she not update my phone, but I had to call *2 back at which point the auto line indicates I'm eligible for a free upgrade. Gee, thanks for the "upgrade"- something that should be pushed out over the network automatically. I was upgraded, did a soft reset,and checked the version and wala, 60611.

I just don't understand why I needed to waste nearly 25 minutes getting this done. Morons.
  7. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

i just used the online chat and the guy said he would flag my account. He told me to check/call tomorrow so I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it all works. I have to tell you emailing ecare or useing the online chat is way more helpful and way less frustrating that calling and getting someone over in India that you can barely understand.
  8. scottsimon1979

scottsimon1979 New Member

I just called them and asked. They said they flagged my account, then I called *2 back and it said Please wait while we update your account. After it was done I restarted my phone...voila....all updated.
  9. JMak

JMak New Member

Now that's how the experience should have been, just like Scott's.
  10. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

The only reason i ask for the update is cuz i have horrible reception at my apartments.

So I had my phone flagged for the PRL on Tuesday, the first hours nothing happen, finally call and talked to someone else and they flagged it again, i also told him i had the hang up issue when I dial *2 and they tell me that there is no record of that being an issue or a bug for all it matters. I told him I'm not the only one, I've found several forums with this issue, so he told me he will note this issue and possibly Motorola will have an update.

Anyways, hang up and call *2 gave and gave me the whole spill, blah, blah, blah... I restart Nothing, so I dialed *2 and it goes again into the whole update thing and being complete, reboot, with battery and with out battery removed, tried it by using the power key and also with the home key and power off, NOTHING!!!

Ok so by now I'm getting frustrated so I call tech support again and they remove the flag and told me to take it to a local sprint store.

The local tech dude tries by calling first and gets exited cuz he hears that the update is complete, restarts and wallah, still not working, YEAY!!! He goes on to tell they have to write a ticket and that he is not certain if they have the PRL to do so manually, GREAT!!

After 45 minutes of waiting they tell me, that this is a MAJOR Update to change and they were not able to so at this time but it will only make minor changes. So they go on to tell someone from there own support said they did some minor arrangements on their end that should help me get a better signal, if it don't improved I should bring it back and they will take care of it. What a drag.................

I'm glad my 30 days are not up yet!!!
  11. bhestertx

bhestertx New Member

Off topic for just a second (because I couldn't find the other thread)...

For the *2 hang up issue. I've reported that to tech support twice so there is a record somewhere...
    I'm assuming this is the same problem I have. I dial *2 for CS and at some point during the call, the phone "forgets" that it's in a call and goes back to the home screen while still on the call. No way to get back to the call status screen or anything. The only way to correct it is to turn the phone off and back on.
    But, something interesting happened the other day while going round and round with CS about my bill (don't get me started on that one!). I received a call while on hold with CS and switched over to tell the person I'd call them back. I got back to CS and finished my business and went to hit End and of course it was back on the home screen with the call still connected. Just for kicks, I dialed a number (with speed dial) and the call actually connected with the previous one still on! So I ended that call like normal with the End button and amazingly enough I have NOT had the *2 hang up issue since!
    Very weird... But remembering back, the very first time I noticed the hang up issue was a time when I had received a call while on with CS and let it go to voice mail. I sat on hold and when the call with CS ended it was on the home screen with no way to end it.

Not sure if it means anything, but mine seems to be working now *knocks on wood*. Is it possible that the phone somehow "forgets" it's in a call with *2 when another one comes in?
  12. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

I think you may be on to something here! Test this, everybody!

Todd/Indy
  13. adma

adma New Member

This is how I have always worked around this issue. If your phone forgets its in a call, just dial another number. It will say you are connected to the second person you dialed, but it is really still in the first phone call.

However, sometimes if you do this, the phone will say "Call Failed" and won't let you kill it. I just go to the Sprint line on the home screen, then scroll down to sprint network and turn it off for about 10 seconds. It kills the phone call and resets your phone app....much faster than restarting the phone.
  14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Just a random aside...
    PRL 60612 is out now...
  15. adma

adma New Member

could you get 60612 for your phone? I tagged my account this morning and I still have 60611
  16. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Unless the updates are rolled out by region. I sent an email to ecare last week (thanks to this thread) about upgrading to 60611. When I did the update I checked the phone info and I have 60612
  17. adma

adma New Member

May not have any effect on me right now, I guess. Thanks,
  18. Tristan944

Tristan944 New Member

I was able to get the update. I called Tech support and then they had me call *2 and it worked perfectly.
  19. steindog99

steindog99 New Member

for those of you that are unaware, the new 60612 PRL update allows your phone to shoot laser beams out of the headset port. everyone should get it and try it out!
  20. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

hahahah hilarious