PRL 60611 and the Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by tbhausen, Jan 8, 2008.

1. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

PRL 60611 and the Q9c

Anyone get PRL 60611 pushed to their Q9c successfully? I had Sprint flag my account for an update but it won't seem to install no matter how many times I call *2 (mine is a business account so gets transferred to "Premiere Care").

I've hunted high and low all over the 'net... Is there a way to install the PRL from a file? I saw reference to using ##PRL# with the original Q but no-go with the Q9c. I also troed ##PRL* as well.

BTW. well-known PRL archive site:

www.corolada.com/prl

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
  2. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

On that site there is a .prl - but I don't know what those are.
  3. adma

adma New Member

It's your roam list....I donno man, they eventually just pushed it to me.
  4. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

when'd this prl become available? and u guys think it'll come with newly shipped/ordered q9c's?
  5. adma

adma New Member

You can call CS and they can push it to you. What's the big deal, unless you guys have a bunch of new towers in your area, this is not something you should be really worried about. Just call CS, and they will put you in for the update. I don't know how long it will take to get it, but you WILL get it. I got the Q9C the day it came out, and mine has the new PRL...
  6. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

oh yeah, it is indeed not a big deal at all to me. But my curiosity gets the better of me when the option IS available, why not?:tounge:

p.s: random question>how do i enable the quick reply feature down here?
  7. adma

adma New Member

Haha not sure, never worked for me either. I hear you the curiosity thing. Just didn't want someone to be so worried that they wouldn't pick up this sweet phone...
  8. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:mine is actually arriving TODAY! I'm sittin by my window waiting to tackle the UPS guy. Trackign says it arrived in the bronx (20miuntes from me) 8:30am! WHY ARENT THEY AT MY DOOR YET?!?!

haha, sadly i'm half-serious though (well 85% actually). I've done much research and downloaded homescreens and now i'm searching for the apps i need. (orange, facade, facade launcher?---dont b afraid to send me a link too)
  9. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

My account's been flagged for nearly a week now and still no 60611. I don't know what's up.

Todd/Indy
  10. tmacmoney

tmacmoney New Member

How would I find out if my phone came with the updated prl?
  11. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

I was able to download the new PRL the first time my account was flagged. I received my phone last Tuesday and it came with 60610. I called *2 and had my account flagged for the update. After I hung up with customer service, I powered down my phone and then powered it back on. I then dialed *2 and it stated that their system had an update for me and it proceeded to download........

Someone asked about how to find out what PRL version you have... To do this, click Start --> Settings --> More --> More --> Phone Settings --> Phone Information... It will then display the PRL Version (as well as other info)
  12. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

Closer, but still no PRL update for my Q9c...

After numerous calls to *2 I finally got prompted to receive the update Upon completion and power cycling the phone, I still show 60610. I cassed CS and got re-flagged, and after more numerous calls to *2 I finally got prompted again for the update. However, I still show 60610.

Has anyone gone into phone info and verified they have 60611?

Does it sometimes take multiple attempts to load the PRL successfully?

TIA,
    Todd/Indy
  13. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

My phone displays 60611. Have you powered down your phone after the update to 60611?

It should not take multiple attempts to update a PRL successully... I know when it pushed the update to me, I didn't think it took as if I remember correctly, it still displayed 60610. I then powered down my phone and powered it back up. It did some weird things and I thought my phone was gonna brick, but after a couple of minutes the weird activity stopped (my phone said I was in roam, that I didn't have a data account, and some other things) and I checked the settings and then it displayed 60611...
  14. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

No such behaviors from mine after power cycling immediately after the "update". Still shows 60610. Thanks for the info.

Todd/Indy
  15. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

Exchanged my phone and the new Q9c got 60611 on the first try.

Well, actually I got pissed of and trieda Touch for a week (my 2nd go-around with that device)... what a mistake that was! All is well now.

Todd/Indy
  16. Tristan944

Tristan944 New Member

What is the PRL 60611? What does it do?
  17. adma

adma New Member

The PRL just lets your phone know which towers it can roam on...
  18. qper

qper New Member

I have also called *2 several times but I can't get mine to update.:frown:
  19. adma

adma New Member

And you actually talked to a rep and told them you need the update? It's not nearly as automatic as the way Verizon does it...
  20. qper

qper New Member

No I didn't speak to anyone maybe I need to call back. I have a PPC-6700 previously on Sprint and it would automatically update at the beginning of the call. Sometimes it would even call me to update automatically.Huh?