PowerSMS

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, Sep 10, 2008.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it does both, you can still leave a message. the app doesn't activate till the other person hangs up, if it goes to voice mail, it doesn't activate.
  2. mworsham

mworsham New Member

I haven't installed it yet, but this is from the FAQ on their web site:

"How can I tell PowerSMS to only Auto Reply missed calls that are from mobile numbers? (I don't want it to send text messages to land line phones)

This happens automatically. By default PowerSMS will only Auto Reply missed calls that are from known Contacts, and that match the mobile phone number of the Contact. All other missed calls (i.e. from work/home numbers, unknown numbers etc.) are ignored. You can change this setting by selecting Menu > Options in the Auto Reply dialog box."

Mark W
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

another trial. I called myself from a land line and hung up after 1 ring, the app kicked in, I then called and waited for my voice mail, the app didn't kick in. that's a good thing..I guess.
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks, Dafox...What happened when you hung up after 1 ring? You said the app kicked in, but the software developer says it only kicks in from the contact list and if it is a mobile number...Does the app try to send a text to your land line?

After the fiasco I had with Callwave, I am very nervous, but this looks too cool to pass up!
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

from all the tests I've done..if the missed call is from a non-mobile number (according to your contacts info!) powersms will not start up or ask your text message accnt to send one. If it is a mobile number..powersms will pop up and ask if you want it sent (time frame is configurable within powersms) and then will use your text message accnt to send whatever message you set up. If that mobile person does not have sms then it still sends..of course..and you will get a message back saying this person doesn't have sms.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it sent a text after hanging up on 1 ring, I called from a land line, and it was in the contacts.
  7. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Great little app; apart from the auto reply feature the scheduled texts will come in handy.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

true... for some, i use CT Scheduler and it also has automated scheduled text, per time and/or per day of the week..
  9. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

just downloaded, gonna install and play with it see how i like it. thanks
  10. reckoningday

reckoningday New Member

Kind of annoying I can't send it to sim contacts. Ugh..
  11. zelendel

zelendel Member

Has Anyone noticed that the auto reply launches the default IM program?
  12. mworsham

mworsham New Member

I have a Q9h, still running WM 6.0. When I schedule an SMS for a future date, the SMS gets crossed out as sent inside PowerSMS, but it never actually gets sent. Only messages that are scheduled to go the same day they are entered are being sent.

Has anyone else been successful in scheduling messages for a future date and can confirm that the messages were delivered?

Mark W
  13. zelendel

zelendel Member

I am running 6.1 on my Q9h and have not run into that prob but I have a backup with 6.0 on it so I set both to send one at 8 am tommarow. Ill Post results then.
  14. mworsham

mworsham New Member

Thanks. Did you install to the device or to the card? I run everything off of the card that will let me install there. I've tried to send to both my wife and myself; won't go if they are scheduled for the next day.

Mark W
  15. zelendel

zelendel Member

On the device. Not sure but ill let it run and see what happens
  16. zelendel

zelendel Member

Sorry I am late. Both of them worked fine. My onle suddestion is to install it on the device and see if that fixes your prob. Ill email them for you if you like and see if this has happened before.
  17. mworsham

mworsham New Member

Thanks Zelendel. I'm already talking to CJ of Trinket Software via e-mail, and I re-installed to the device today and scheduled an SMS for tomorrow. We'll see what happens!

I appreciate you testing that for me!

Mark W
  18. zelendel

zelendel Member

No prob. Let me Know how it turns out.
  19. Kearney

Kearney New Member

I had this yesterday and then I had to do a Master Reset today, and I had deleted the cab file!!!! I had it and now there charging for it! It worked great too... Im sad.
  20. Jackstep0832

Jackstep0832 New Member

so if i backup my texts on this and then upgrade to 6.1 will i be able to restore them back on to my phone withno problems?