Post Your WM6.1 Screens Here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ajskhan, Jun 9, 2008.

1. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Normally, the clock slide is only visible if you are focused on it, of if you are focused on the slide immediately below it (in which case, it is minimized). All other times, it's off the screen. With this registry hack, it will keep the clock slide minimized at the top of the screen no matter what slide you're focused on (except, of course, the clock slide itself). Very handy if you like to have the time on your screen at all times for easy viewing. Just set the following registry key to 1

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Chome]
    DockOperatorBar: DWORD

More info here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2008/06/03/customizing-the-sliding-panel-homescreen.aspx
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

When is it going to end. All kinds of cool things. I now have Q ietis. it is stiffness in my thumbs from doing all these hacks.
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I+f I wanted to lcok 2 panels, first one is the clock, second one would be my messages. would that be possible? if so what would I change the Dword to for the second one?
  4. cardenas5810

cardenas5810 New Member

can u help me

hey i just upgraded to 6.1 and the new homescreen did not comeout wen i restarted ma fone.....and i reaally like the way u have ur screen with the battery icon and the cuztimise signal icon...please help me out
  5. cardenas5810

cardenas5810 New Member

hey rude..u think u can help me put with this homescreen issue.....i just upgraded to 6.1 and the new homescreen did not show up on my screen...i was wonderin if u can help me cuztimize it ...
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

it is all explained in this thread.
  7. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

start -- settings -- home screen
  8. cardenas5810

cardenas5810 New Member

hey how dew i get the diffrent battery icon and signal icon
  9. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

see the first post - rinku.
  10. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

Does anyone know how to get rid of things on the Start Menu?
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

guessing, open the start menu folder and delete the short cuts
  12. elchinoloco

elchinoloco New Member

Is there a way to rearrange certain sections within the sliding panels? Maybe add a new section or remove something? Thanks.
  13. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You need CHome Configurator. There's a link in the Sliding Panels Homescreen Thread.
  14. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

Ive kept mine very simple since i havent been behind a computer at all yet...
    I'm gonna get to editing my panels soon...im assuming the way to get rid of things like the Getting Started panel, change order of things in the panels and/or add a reccent programs panel is discussed in the Chome posts?
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2lkeee0.jpg
    [​IMG]
    http://i31.tinypic.com/15hbc4l.jpg
    [​IMG]
  15. Angry Beaver

Angry Beaver New Member

You don't need Chome to remove the Getting Started panel. If you click on it, it should give you access to some of the settings behind Getting Started. One of them gives you the choice to remove the Getting Started panel.

Also, if you go to the "SlidingPanel.home.xml" file (inside \ApplicationData\Home) you will find the plug-in element that deals with the sliding panel home screen (its CLSID is {E9267CAB-02EE-4f37-8216-6BF6A8FF5A71}).

There's an attribute called “Order” in there, and it’s used to list the plug-ins that will be shown and the order they are going to be laid out on the screen.

CClock – The big clock
    CAppointments - The calendar plugin

CHome – The notifications plugin

CMyPhotos – The photos plugin

CMessage – The message center (this is off by default on all sliding panel built in layouts.

CMusic – The music plugin

Settings – The settings plug-in

Custom Plugins – Users can specify custom plug-ins with static content that can be displayed on the home screen

If you change plugins order, you can make the panels appear as you want.
    You can open and edit the XML file with Notepad if you don't have an XML editor (XML Notepad 2007 from Microsoft works great, and it's free!!!). Make sure the name of the file has .xml at the end instead of .txt.
  16. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Okay, I had Rinku's iconbar working fine. However, I just installed CHome Weather and now no matter which homescreen I pick I can't get Rinku's iconbar to show again. I'm using the 6-Day Slim forecast, as someone else mentioned they are, and tried reinstalling Rinku after Chome weather with no success. I haven't been using Chome configurator but since with every homescreen change you need to reenable CTestUIPlugin I've been doing that manually.

Any suggestions on how to get Rinku's Icons showing again?

Edit: Never mind, got it to work, after deleting the registry keys for Rinku's IconBar and doing it manually based on the instructions on his blog.
  17. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

lol...so true

nd i get NO sleep cuz there is so much new info everyday every minute that i gotta read and catch up on!! eeeek!

btw, i just got Papyrus! slick ass program, looks so professional!

anybody got this on its own panel, since it replaces the PIM data via the regular appointments/calendar that comes with the phone?

(rainmakerrc, i may b talkin to u cuz i believ u have papyrus?)
    THANKS!...

edit: thanks angry beaver! ahh wish i had my own computer to sit at home and nerd around playing with xml all day....
    is that xml notepad program available for smartphones? i kno theres a program which u can use to view/edit notepad files on ur phone, i forget the name though...
  18. glorify

glorify Member

How were you able to change the messages icon? I can seem to change them all but that one.
  19. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

Just an FYI- NRG/Chome Weather 3.0 is out, and I LOVE the new layout options!
  20. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

How did you change the font color? and is there anyone to put different fonts? I have never seen anything on this..