Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ajskhan, Jun 9, 2008.
I need to add that Rinku Weather bar.
Here's my current screen, though.
How did you get the time to only show the date underneath? I really don't like having it read out the day as well. (Tuesday, Wednesday, etc)
1. Icons can be found in many places, but I used deviantart.com. Under Categories>Customization>Icon>Dockicons.
2. Download icon of choice and resize with your favorite software (Photoshop, Irfanview, Fastone, etc.) to 128x128 pngs.
3. Transfer icon to the \windows directory on your phone.
4. Fire up your favorite registry program on your phone (I use PHM Registry Editor) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>CHOME. There you will find separate keys for each sliding panel.
5. Select CCLOCK and display the values. You should see DisablePageCounter, GUID, ICONPATHS, LocName, SK2TEXT, SK2URL.
6. Select ICONPATHS. In the value data box you should see two numbers separated by a semicolon (e.g. 2051;2051). The first number responds to the active state icon and the second to the inactive. Erase both numbers and input the location of the icon you just transferred to your phone (e.g. \windows\sprint.png;\windows\sprint.png).
You can also select two different icons (one color and one b&w) or whatever you heart desires.
Chome Icons How-To
For first-timers this is the easiest one to change ( Appointments Icon )
Fire up Mobile Registry Editor, Browse to
Now look for ICONPATHS
Here we change the value from the default of 2201;2201 to its new value
This icon is already in your phones windows folder so dont freak out. Hit ok and exit out. Go ahead and reboot your phone, now you should be seeing a new icon next to Appointments. Easy right? Now that you feel good about doing it go ahead and try adding your own icons, just make sure they are somewhere around 128x128, do a google image search or try sites like deviantart...hope this helped
sorry bubi, didnt see you had done one too....:laugh2:
It automatically did that when you install Chome Weather 2.0
Hey DMM...did you manage to get the CWindowsLive plugin to work or did you create that yourself????
nice screens. I installed the ranku bar. for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to show up. how do you get it to work?
It'll install as a different homescreen option. Sliding Panels RNS I think, something like that.
Directions were perfect, thank you. However instead of numbers mine showed: \windows\mytime.png for both. Just a FYR in case someone asks.
I just installed WINDOWS LIVE and added it to the sliding panel using CHome. I'm pretty sure CHome reads it without having to do anything special.
I was having trouble with this as well... thanks.
At any rate, here's my current (albeit generic) screen. I am using the CHome customizer, I tried to install the CHome weather but they don't appear to like each other at all, when I went to re-enable CHome after installing weather, my home screen went totally blank:
Just another change
Thanks to everyone. This is fun
View attachment 3245
View attachment 3246
View attachment 3247
View attachment 3248
View attachment 3249
I would like to see a shot of windows live on a sliding panel. I can't get it working and tried everything.
I didn't do anything special. Just installed Windows Live to set up my e-mail, then installed CHOME and CWindowsLive showed up (See below).
I have Windows Live installed on my Q as well . . . maybe that's why it has also worked for me. @dafoxs, if you want to try that, I have the CAB file on my apps page.
first of all.. hello and thanks to everyone in this forum u have all been a tremendous help to myself (complete noob) and others im sure.. now that thats out of the way can i get some direction on how to get this rinku bar on my phone ive been at it all day and i have lost the battle.. ive been to this page (its for t-mobile).. http://shadowregistryhacks.blogspot.com/2008/01/colored-iconbar-plugin.html
and tried this three times. is there an easier way or am i s.o.l ..
by the way i am using a q9c on sprint network w/ 6.1 installed if that info is needed..
so much thanks in advanced..
All you should need to so is install the CAB file, then switch your homescreen to NRG Sliding Panels and (maybe) reboot.
Separate names with a comma.