Post Your WM6.1 Screens Here

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ajskhan, Jun 9, 2008.

1. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

No, I don't. You going to have to hope that by Dec./Jan. Verizon has WM 6.1 so you can create and customize these kick ass homescreens. It knocks ekoflip homescreens out the water! Only because you can make these changes without bothering xml! 3-4 simple clicks and presto it's yours exclusively, down to the icons you use!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i think it can be done.... and you know our home screen creators are not afraid of a challenge and a little xml. :}

so for my curiosity, is there still an .xml required with the difference it can be edited using a more friendly user interface ?
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Oh, I know the homescreen creators could make these changes and screens but the beauty for me is that I, who is not a homescreen creator, can make these changes with the CHome Configurator!

I don't know anything about the xml all the customizing is done using CHome Config.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I am using layout #1
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I would pay for this program.....It's great that is free now.
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

You and me both!
  7. bubi73

bubi73 New Member

My new Homescreen:

[​IMG]
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

How did you get the Sprint Logo and the calendar by your appointments? I just realized that is a Q beside the phone. How did you change those icons?
  9. bubi73

bubi73 New Member

Glad you asked.

It's in the reg under Chome. Check the values, there should be one for ICONPATHS. You should see two numbers (e.g. 2051;2051) first one should be for active panel icon, second for inactive. Numbers can be changed to paths so you can make it \windows\sprint.png;\windows\sprint_bw.png.
    128x128 PNG icons seem to work best when located in windows directory, not storage card. Icons can be found on deviantart.com. The size of the panel icon is set in the cpr file though (width="" and height="").

The day of the week can also be added to the clock (see my screenshot) by replacing the <!--date--> paragraph in \windows\CHome_320x240.cpr with

<!-- Date -->
    <Text ID="Date" Left="180" Top="83" Width="110" Height="19" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>
    <Text ID="Day of Week" Left="65" Top="83" Width="110" Height="19" FontFamily="Segoe Condensed" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter"></Text>

Changing the left="65" value with something like "46" will align DoW a little nicer on the panel. Hope this helps.
  10. bubi73

bubi73 New Member

Sorry, forgot to mention where in the registry:

HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Chome
  11. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

I am unable to find these... Are they in a particular section on DeviantArt?

Thanks!

12. bubi73

bubi73 New Member

Check under Customization, Dockicons on deviantart.com
  13. bubi73

bubi73 New Member

14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

15. shackk

shackk New Member

16. Angry Beaver

Angry Beaver New Member

Can you explain all of this in a more step-by-step form for us newbies? Where did you get the calendar icon?
  17. nahzekology

nahzekology New Member

Yo!!!! That is slick! How did you do your icon bar like that? And is that the calibri font? I tried it on my phone before but it didnt look right. It looked almost fuzzy...like it felt out of place.
  18. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

That's the Rinku Iconbar. The link is posted in the other 6.1 homescreen thread.
  19. nahzekology

nahzekology New Member

I downloaded it and to to select it sliding panel with the colored bar homescreen, but it just gives me a home.exe error and sliding panel disappears.
  20. shackk

shackk New Member

As rainmakerrc said, that is Rinku Iconbar. Yes I am using the Calibri font, Chome Weather 2 (both found on Xda)

The background image is "Pavement" which is a standard default image and should be in your pictures folder in the main memory and finally using the red color scheme. If you switch to the red Moto theme in WM player it also adds a nice touch. I usually stick with something blue but this flowed kinda nicely.

Don't forget when you install Rinku Top Bar, reboot. Then select your Sliding Top Bar screen and then reboot again. At least for me that is what it took for everything to sync and start working properly.