Post your Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by piranah, Oct 26, 2007.

1. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Well, of course, which I think brings us to the reason for the rule. They don't trust people to make their own decisions. I wouldn't deffend someone who was drinking on duty either. I think they've gone overboard (nice pun) with it all. I think there should always be consecuences for inappropriate behavior.
  2. piranah

piranah New Member

and there are...saw a guy get stripped of all rank for flirting...but then it becomes what is inappropriate...Im in the infantry, so you get 50 guys together, there are gonna be some stories and joking around...there is a medical unit in the same armory, and they are about 70% female, so its like night and day between us...we see it as doing what guys do, they see it as inappropriate...
  3. DAB

DAB New Member

Thats the truth I was in an MP unit and when I first got attached there the commander had a tat of the unit symbol. But couple of years later the commander changed to a female 2nd leutenant we were mobilized for desert storm but before we left their were a couple of soldiers who decided to get the symbol on their forearms. She had them repremanded with pay.

My first question was "WHY?" But you are government property so they decide what you will look like. When I first got in you could wear your earing (if you were a guy) when you were not in military uniform or while on duty. At home was ok out and about town was ok. Than a couple of years later NOGO.:frown:
  4. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

I had a First Class Petty Officer try to tell me I wasn't allowed to carry my purse in my left hand. Not my shoulder, my hand.

I do think the military has some co-ed stuff figured out, but I there are just some women who don't realize that they're joining a boys club. They are probably the biggest source of the no tattoos rules.
  5. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

Attached Files:

• me4.jpg
      me4.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
    • me5.jpg
      me5.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
    • me6.jpg
      me6.jpg
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

nice ink grunt...
  7. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

Thats 3 out of 7 and im not really that pale, its the lights I swear.
  8. oddllama

oddllama New Member

I did this one myself when I was sixteen.

[​IMG]

This is a sketch i did the other day, I was thinking it might make a cute ankle tat for my girl...

[​IMG]

I would take pics of the rest of my tats put It would look funny to strip down in my office and take pictures with my cellphone.
  9. oddllama

oddllama New Member

I'm claiming the same...
  10. grunt5811

grunt5811 New Member

I watched alot of thundercats, great show. Had a friend who tattooed his military police badge on his chest that was cool. Another buddy has a decepticon tat on his shoulder.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is frowned upon where you work ? :}

(ps. that self done piece doesn't even look bad, at least not in the picture...}
  12. oddllama

oddllama New Member

Yea, they seem to think naked folks and baby food don't belong in the same room...

It has faded a bit over the years but held it's color pretty good. It was the first bit of ink I had ever done and it's noticable by the scaring in the neck. I had planned on redoing it but not until I have drawn out an entire sleeve to go with it.

It was incredibly annoying to do my own arm, I kept wanting to hold my arm down with itself...if that makes sense.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

wierdos... i fed my son many times while he was almost naked :}

i can image it being strange tattooing yourself.. i might if i had a machine, but probably just the legs, dunno though... i did 3 little dots on the webbing of my left-hand, but that was with a needle and some ink :}
  14. piranah

piranah New Member

Party dots maannn..awesome duuudeee...lol....i have those myself, along with a couple other self done ones on my hands...
  15. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

I don't think I'd have the stones to tattoo myself. Although I have peirced myself a couple of times.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

is that what you call them :}
  17. oddllama

oddllama New Member

Party dots? Actually three dots in a triangle pattern represent "Mi Vida Loca" (My Crazy Life). I believe they originated around Echo Park in the early 80's by Mexican gang members. I have them on my arm, done by a Mexican gang member in Corpus.

/young and dumb
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that's also one meaning i heard.. my understanding (and this was years ago & in Europe) that it (also) meant death to cops, rumor also was that it was illegal to have in France..

/older and still somewhat dumb :}
  19. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Okay, this isn't my tattoo but it was done by my artist. This woman has some real talent so I just had to share. My next tattoo is going to be a plus-size Japanese geisha. I can't wait to see what Margo comes up with!

View attachment 5481

Attached Files:

20. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

ooo..That looks nicee!

I'm too young for tatoos (legally :)) but I really dislike (I didn't say hate) them for some reason.

They look awesome, but i dont know..they scare me
    haha