Post Your Pet(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dafoxs, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

My nape would sing songs all freakin day
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thank you. I have loved birds since I was knee high to the Cockatoo at the local pet store. Years ago (ok a couple of decades) first few weeks with the driver's license, I was driving around a corner, too fast, and there was a baby bird in the road that had fallen from the overhanging tree. It never had a chance.

I buried the bird and swore that I would make up for it by taking care of my own when I could. I bought my first one in grad school and the second one after marriage. And for the past 18 years, I have kept my promise to that baby bird.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Mine doesn't bite or peck or whatever birds do. She acts like she will, with her beak wide open. And she touches your skin but she never bites down. Although she will play with almost anyone. It just takes a few tries.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

most birds like this use there beaks to test the strength of what ever the are goin on. people get nervous and pull away. That's when they bite down. If they sence fear, they will chomp down. And some just chomp for the heck of it.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hmmm... I did not know that about the testing the strength of whatever they are going on. It makes sense. But to this date she still hasn't chomped down on anyone yet. Now the one we had before her... that guy gave me bloody fingers!!!
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Who and how they were raised has alot to do with it. They are always nice to thier feeders.
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Our female will not bite unless she is with egg. Our male does because he's agressive. Fox said fear and that's certainly a part of it for meeting new people.

Both our birds are chewers. The female loves soft wood. The male loves hard wood, like picture frames (argh!). He also loves anything electrical cord related. I can't even count how many modems, lamps, alarm clocks, etc I've replaced because he chews through the cord. <G>
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

The other one passed away years ago :frown:. He was my mom's bird. She was really attached to that bird.
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Our male HATES it when I leave in the morning. HATES it. If I put on socks, he flies around my head. Occassionally for good measure, just to let me know he's REALLY pissed off, he takes a chunk out of the back of my neck <G>
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

How old is this one?
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

my nape went straight for the ears. It loved stealing earings.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I would have to guess less than 10 years. I inherited her from my mom 2 years ago. My parent's started to travel a lot. They always left the bird with me. After a while, mom just asked if I wanted to keep her.
  13. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

LOL!!! mine loves to chew on my BT headset while I'm on the computer. Otherwise, it's my ears.
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Ayep. My wife has that problem. Puts on jewelry outside of their sight <G>

You must look stunning in sterling earings there Fox. Oh wait...you didn't say MY sterling earings :tounge:
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Attached Files:

16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Not me, it just nibbled at my ear. We went crazy one day and had a gold anklet made for it.That last about a month.
  17. EQBob

EQBob New Member

And then there is the fish, but I don't have any good pictures of them <G>

My wife wants a snake, but I told her it's the snake or me. She said she'll get back to me on her decision Unsure
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Is she healthy? What do you feed her?
  19. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I think shes is. I have never taken her to a Vet. I should... I will... I feed her cockatiel mix from the local pet shop. And I have one of those things they nibble on that's supposedly rich in vitamins.
  20. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I noticed that she has dry, scaly feet and legs. Is that a concern?