Post Your Pet(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dafoxs, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Very cool color, kinda like a rust.
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I've actually seen very few golden retrievers that were golden. Almost all have been red. They are gorgeous animals.
  3. Sav

Sav New Member

EQBob- That's odd. Usually it's the other way around, lol.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

It could just be that I'm weird or odd and have a limited sample size <G>
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

Awwww, Griffin is a sweet baby! We had Goldens growing up. They're awesome dogs.
  6. Sav

Sav New Member

Lol, that's probably it. :)

Of course I'm kidding, considering the fact that I don't know you very well.
  7. Sav

Sav New Member

I agree, they're very awesome. He's 6 but still acts like he's a few months old... and on top of that, he's VERY smart.
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

LOL. I don't thnink I know you at all. I don't think I know *any* phone whores <G>. Speaking of which, what exactly *is* a phone whore? <G>
  9. Sav

Sav New Member

That's what I meant, and good question. I guess I would classify a phone whore as a person who goes through phone's very quickly and has had too many to remember and also has multiple at a time.
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

So we started the trail run with our puppies brother last night. When they first met, Angie was wagging her tail and Louie was raising his jowl and half growling. We took them into the back yard and just let them get acquainted. Within about 30 minutes they were sniffing each other and within 60 they were running, tumbling, both tails wagging. Angie taught Louie how to eat ice cubes…he never had one before and he watched her and then tried his. He also watched her eat her pumpkin and then tried his and said wow, this is good <G>. They also played tug of war with a toy back and forth across the yard.

This morning, they were eating an ice cube in the dining room. A dog outside barked. Both of them jumped up and started racing for the back door which was open. Louie went through the kitchen and Angie took the longer way through the living room, but she’s faster. They went through the doorway at the exact same time. Remember the movie Chariots of Fire? And how they had these slow motion scenes of those two people (who looked exactly alike and I never could tell them apart, but I digress) running? Well, Angie and Louie went through the back door and into the back yard stride for stride and did this slow graceful curve towards the bark noise. It was hilarious. I was laughing so hard I was crying in my cereal.

Angie is so far, recovering just fine from the whip worm. She had her 3rd mouth syringe of fenbendazol today. Another round of 3 in 3 weeks and then one more in 3 months. Still waiting on the Addison's results.

They spent most of the evening wrestling each other in the back yard. They are both sounds asleep right now <G>
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

that is good news.
    At the rate your posting, you will pass me soon. Your new name is Dr. Bob. :)
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Not until I finish my PhD it isn't <G>

...and the day i tell anyone they have to address me as Dr. Bob is the day I take my degrees off the wall, shut down my computers, and go home, because then you're just being a pompous ass...and there are enough of them already in this world.
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

You still have 11x as many posts as I do <G>. And I'm not planning on months in a hotel room to get that ratio down <G>
  14. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I have a 30 day adventure planned at the end of next month. Training.
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

My husband has a friend who is a lawyer. (His degree is a Juris Doctorate, just like my husband's and sisters)...he insists on being called Dr. xxxxx.

Pompous ass is on the money!
  16. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Getting or giving?
    Should I ask on what...or more properly, would I be intruding if I asked on what?
  17. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yeah...there are a bunch of them around. A PhD is not about knowledge. It's about perseverance and beating/joining the "old boy's" network.

Too many people beleive they reign supreme because of their degree.
  18. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I hate to cut in here but that I CANNOT stand! I cant tell you how many times guests have gotten mad at me when I called them Mr. Some dbag yelled at me once and tol me his name was DR! dbag NOT Mr. So instead I called him Mrs. for the remainder of his stay... HEY he said he wasnt a Mr! XD
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Giving. My company bought out some other company and we go around and train on thier dime.
  20. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yeah..for some people, a degree seems to stroke them into inflating their ego, building themselves up in front of others, etc.

My resume is longer than most PhD's with way more publications. I'm published in 3 fields and I truly don't think I'm any better than the next person. Hell, look at all the stupid questions I ask out here. :tounge: Nobody can know it all.