Post Your Pet(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dafoxs, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Yes, I work with drugs, can't give advice though. Those meds are designed for that. Good luck and keep us posted.
  2. softspirits

softspirits Guest

I sure hope your baby gets better soon. Be very wary of the Vets running too many tests right now. When their digestive system is out of whack, all the blood panel readings are going to come back askew, and if whipworm has been confirmed, treat that before you pay for more extensive, and expensive testing. It is a common practice for "new" vets (or money hungry ones) out here to order up a whole slew of tests to cover their asses, or make some money, even when the diagnosis is crystal clear. I would strongly suggest you find a vet who doesn't do that.
    My favorite full spectrum wormer is Fenbendazole, which is packaged as "Panacur" for prescription or "Safeguard" over the counter (and available at co-ops and pet shops). Just look for Fenbendazole as the 'active ingredient'. Also, when using it, expect loose stool for the 3 day treatment, and for 3 days post treatment while the good bacteria builds back up in the gastrointestional system.

Best of luck,
  3. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thanks! Fenbendazole is what she started on last night on the prescription. Syringe 1 of 3 down the throat.

As far as the vets, good advice....I tend to think that might happen less, since this is a vet school, but I also have an inside track person with more vet degrees than I can spell, watching the process and monitoring the case. it is just that her speciality is not internal med.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

If I'm boring you, let me know, but since this is an off-topic thread <G>....

Our baby girl is doing better. She was actually full of energy today. The vets wanted her back in at 7:30 so they could observe her all day and run any more tests as needed (calling first for my permission of course). They called at 10 and so she's so full of energy and so playful nobody can believe she's sick. No confirmation yet on Addison's Disease.

Her brother came overr tonight to stay for a visit for a few days...we may take him as well--have to see how the visit goes. They hadn't seen each other in 6+ months and really didn't remember each other. Within 30 minutes, they were rolling in the grass playing, chasing each other, etc. Both tails were wagging a mile a minute.

It might actually wind up being very helpful for her. She didn't each much earlier in the evening. She's very picky. Her brother hadn't eaten and so when we kenneled them up for a rest, he got his food. She started whining and looking at her food bowl. He sniffed his food, but wouldn't eat. So I gave her some additional food, since she didn't eat much earlier. Only when I put the food down in her kennel did her brother in his kennel start eating and then Baby Girl (nickname) started eating as well. They both finished and entered the Clean Bowl Club. Later, after more playtime, they both got pumpkin, which was a first for him. She has been eating it every night, since it is high in fiber and helps stools firm up...also makes a very good system for getting her daily probiatic in her system without her knowing it.

Plus, she's already taught him how to eat ice cubes. He didn't know what to do with it and she ate hers and he mimiced her.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

that is great to hear. Hope everything goes well.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

the only problem we have, the one cat just keeps getting fatter. we dont feed it more then twice a day and the portions are small. I think it is the first pic on the post. it isn't diabetic yet. we tried every pet food out there. i feel it will just burst one day.
  7. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thank you!
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I know nothing about cats except they make me itch and my eyes burn <G>
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

its cause they are so beautiful you cant look directly at them thats why
    :laugh:
    have you noticed any problems with the cat...other then it eating alot?
    Mister Kitty eats like 50 times a day...but then again he is huge (serial crushed by some Hewge freaging guy...lol sorry quote from my favorite movie :tounge:)
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Hmmm...and here I thought it was because they were too independant, too obnoxious, not reciprocating enough in their love given / love taken quota and generally just stand-offish <GG>.
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

good thing they arent listening to you (which is typical) HAHA
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

No, nothing. Only the fack that is is so fat, it can't reach its butt to clean it. Gross.
  13. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Do we get bonus points if we know the movie? If not I want my money back!

Boondock Saints
  14. Sav

Sav New Member

Griffin:

[​IMG]
  15. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Awe man, really good looking dog :smile:.
  16. Sav

Sav New Member

Thanks! :)
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

He looks like an Irish Setter/Labrador mix. He is gorgeous!
  18. Sav

Sav New Member

Thanks, Sher!

He's actually a Golden Retriever. I could see what you're talking about though.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Nice looker there. You say golden?
  20. Sav

Sav New Member

Yup, "Block head" Golden Retriever. Block head is actually the breed. (of Golden Retriever)