Post Your Pet(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dafoxs, Feb 21, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Yep...that's one of the things we love about our corgi...her ears are awesome!

Jaws of steel
    Eyes of the devil
    Ears of Yoda
    Zero turn radius Dad!
    Angie I am!
  2. cindra

cindra Active Member

Tuki is a beautiful bird! (And clean too, I'll bet!) :tounge:
  3. cindra

cindra Active Member

Thankfully Auggie has an iron stomach. LOL He loves people food, especially vegetables. He loves celery and green peppers the best. He eats pickles too! About the only thing he does not like are raw onions.

We give him the veggies, meat, and cheese, but in small amounts and feed him only dry food in his dish so his teeth stay healthy and he gets crunch. He's one spoiled puppy! :laugh2:
  4. cindra

cindra Active Member

Thanks, Deidre! He really does have gorgeous coloring. Our vet has Paps and he just adores Auggie! He declared him "perfect". We're biased, but we agree. :smile: Here is is as a puppy. We wondered if he would grow into those ears!--

[​IMG]
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

Greg did want to name him Gizmo. :wink:
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Ah, yes Gizmo. I want one.
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Mogwi! :tounge: *continue*
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Riddle me this, Two of our cats love to chew on plastic. It goes crazy when we bring a 24 pack of water home. What gives?
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

As a puppy, he looks just like Gizmo!
  10. softspirits

softspirits Guest

My goodness, he looks like he could run a little and take off! (which is exactly how they should look at that age, like your vet said, PERFECT!!!) what a little doll!!!!
  11. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Its called wool eating, but nobody knows what causes it exactly. And it doesn't always have to be wool, many cats prefer plastic. Recent study suggests that it could be an emotional outlet for frustration, although I disagree. Windy, my oldest mama cat loved plastic bags of all kinds. I was always so worried that she would die of a blockage. Right before Christmas this year, she did get a blockage, and when the Vet opened her up to remove it he found it wasn't plastic like we all assumed it would be, it was a malignant tumor, and she had 3 others in other vital body systems. She died that day. She was the best mother cat ever. I would breed other cats at the same time as her because she would take care of all the kittens, no matter whose they were. One time she had 12, 5 of her own and 7 of the other mama's (who didn't want anything to do with her kittens anyway) and all were healthy, happy and well fed. After 3 years of beautiful litters of kittens, I spayed her so she could live the good life as a pampered house cat. She was so mean. She would swipe us with her claws if we passed her. If she was sitting on our lap and we tried to move her she would growl and fuss. I loved her very much. Anyway, my point is, keep the plastic away from them, but if they eat it, they will probably chew it up small enough to pass it through their system. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if all the harsh chemicals used to create the plastics could have been what caused the cancer in the first place.
  12. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Sorry, I was not ignoring you. My bro has a monk parakeet, wich eveidently only attach themselves to 1 person. Me and the bird have a love hate relationship, we love to hate each other. In any case I will stop here because I dislike the bird (and consequently all birds now), and if I say any more about it I'll look like an animal hater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_Parakeet

This is basically what he looks like (no that is not him its a pic from the net):

[​IMG]
  13. cindra

cindra Active Member

He's an awesome dog. Not much work, friendly to everyone. He's definitely a house dog though. People in our neighborhood let their dogs run loose (a-holes!) So Auggie is house-and-porch only unless he's on a leash. He's about 5 years old now, not a barker at all, and has been litter trained since we got him at 7 weeks. He's also always does crazy stuff so he's amusing all the time. :laugh2:

His grandmother and grandfather were both champions in Canada.
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thanks for the info. Nice looking species. S'far as I know, *most*birds primarily attach/bond themselves to 1 person. They will tolerate others, depending on species / individual, but there is almost always a uique bond that is formed that is stronger than any other. Many many many many stories of birds that were owned prior to marraige, a baby, etc., and the relationship with the human changed and the bird couldn't adapt.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I can voach (sp) for that. we had to give up our birds after the kids came. They do say if you swap the feedings with the other people, it helps. If the bird freaks, it dont eat.
  16. oneeyed_q

oneeyed_q New Member

Well he has that bond with my brother, he will try to bite me if I get withing 2 feet of him. Thats even if he's in his cage. He had attached himself to my mom however she went on business for a few weeks and when she came back he would have nothing to do with her, but he does tolerate her now.

(vouch) /spelling lesson. This heffer wont miss eating anything, although he will try and bite my hand after I give him food.

We generally try to give him healthy food along with the regular seeds he gets. Veggies, the occasional seafood (he loves shrimp and crab). Chips, fruit all those things. I keep trying to give him chocolate but my family wont let me :(
  17. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Well, my poor puppy dog posted here (http://www.everythingq.com/forum/off-topic/post-your-pet-s-31786-4.html#post296985) spent all day at the vet. Blood was coming out from both ends. She's had some issues similar to this in the past but this was way worse. 4th time in 3 months. Time to get really agressive on the tests.

They've confirmed a parasitic infection of whipworm which unfortunately, HeartGuard doesn't protect against. Her endocrine system is out of whack and we're waiting on test results to see if she has Addison's Disease on top of the parasite. The parasite alone could do that, but the symptoms are spot on for other stuff also. She could also have a food allergy. All of these things present with essentially the same symptoms.

Apparently she could have picked up the parasite anywhere, at anytime, because it is everywhere in the environment. So no clues as to how to protect her in the future.

She looks at you with those soft trusting eyes and whimpers 'cuz her belly hurts and says Daddy, I don't feel good and your heart just crumbles. Then you get the bill and the heart stops. Not that she isn't worth it, but these tests today crossed 4 figures. They had to shave her belly to do the ultrasound so she's got no hair underneath anymore. She's a mess. Yet through it all, she wants to go chase a ball, play tug with a rope, etc.

I gotta stop...it's getting very dusty in this room....
  18. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Bob, you dont have to EVER appologize for caring for your children ESPECIALLY here. ((man hugs))

You may want to ask your vet about albendazole, and mebendazole.
    *warning* Keep in mind its been at LEAST 10 years since I worked in a vets so i actually may be diagnosing a Human drug

Heres another site that might help
    http://www.greatlakesbcrescue.org/HealthNTraining/Whipworm.htm
  19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Thanks...for the man hugs and the terrific information! I had no idea the damn things could live in the soil that long. I am comforted by the fact that we have the best vets in the nation here, so if anyone can get this situation under control, they can.
  20. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

no prob bob haha ive been waiting for the right opportunity to say that :tounge: let me know if theres anything else I can help you with :)