Possible cradle contacts on Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by cr08, Apr 1, 2010.

1. cr08

cr08 New Member

Possible cradle contacts on Q9c?

Unfortunately I do not have the right screwdriver to take apart my Q9c to clean out the front faceplate but I have been looking behind the battery cover quite a bit and noticed the silver and copper panels next to the 2 speakers. These also seem to spread down to the small holes on the bottom that the battery cover latches into. I'm curious if maybe these are contacts for a long forgotten and not-made drop-in cradle for the Q9 phones?

Anyone who does have a screwdriver for this thing and doesn't mind going in and taking a closer look? Maybe even a macro photo of the backside of the circuit board? There's only one photo that is close in the 'clean the dust from behind your screen' thread but has that part of the circuit board all blanked out.

This would be cool if the above was true. All cradles right now pretty much require finagling as you gotta get the phone in sideways for a protruding usb connector to click in. Would be nice to have one (even if I have to make it myself) that I can just drop the phone in at the end of the day and be done.
  2. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Are you talking about the copper showing through the plastic grills between the speakers in the first photo?
    [​IMG]

This copper connects to the main board via the 2 copper patches below the USB port. I think this is part of the antenna, there isn't any obvious direct connections to the battery.
    [​IMG]
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Also I got a TORX screw driver set at Home Depot for $7. It came with 8 different size bits.