Possible bug found in changing Start Menu View

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Breeze Loo, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

*FIXED and WORKING* Possible bug found in changing Start Menu View

So i'm here playing around with more options and i get to options for changing Start Menu view. I see 'Circular' is available (with either large or small icons). it gives a preview of what it would look like -- icons arranged in circular form, of course.

I select Circular Small and hit done. It goes back to the home screen. I click Start button and nothing happens, it stays on the home screen. I guess that would be the first bug. I changed back to grid view just to make sure things were still working and they were.

Now, i go in and select Circular Small again and then go back to home screen. This time, I restart (hold down red button for 3sec). I loads back up to the green "Windows Mobile" splash and is stuck there. I restart again and have left it at the "Windows Mobile" splash for some time and it is still stuck there. So that would be the second bug (but still related to Circular view setting).

I believe I may have to do a master reset. So, be careful changing to Circular view, people :gasp:

**UPDATE** (mods please fix title if possible)
    Some may have gotten Circular View to work just going through the "Personalize My Q" options, but for others having trouble (see my original post above), here's what i did to get it working:

1. Go to File Manager
    2. Go to your Windows directory
    3. Go to your Menu options and uncheck "Hide Hidden Files" / "Hide System Files" **be very careful now as you're now accessing very crucial files.
    4. When it shows your Windows directory files again, you should see a lot more files.
    5. Scroll down to "
    CircularViewLauncher.exe" and click to execute.
    6. Your screen will change to the Start Menu with circular view with large icons.

From this point, you can use your phone normally. I went to Home Screen and back to Start menu to make sure it was still working. All is good. You can NOW go to Personalize My Q and change to the other Circular View (small icons) to get more on screen.
  2. VeniceChambo

VeniceChambo New Member

I believe I may have to do a master reset. So, be careful changing to Circular view, people :gasp:[/quote]

Had the same problem. Just purchased my first Q last night and was playing around with settings. Changed over to Circular view with my own pic installed in background. Phone froze and when I rebooted it frooze on Windows Mobile screen. Found this site and ended up having to Master Reset (which itself took several attempts).
  3. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

**UPDATE** (mods please fix title if possible)
    Some may have gotten Circular View to work just going through the "Personalize My Q" options, but for others having trouble (see my original post above), here's what i did to get it working:

1. Go to File Manager
    2. Go to your Windows directory
    3. Go to your Menu options and uncheck "Hide Hidden Files" / "Hide System Files" **be very careful now as you're now accessing very crucial files.
    4. When it shows your Windows directory files again, you should see a lot more files.
    5. Scroll down to "
    CircularViewLauncher.exe" and click to execute.
    6. Your screen will change to the Start Menu with circular view with large icons.

From this point, you can use your phone normally. I went to Home Screen and back to Start menu to make sure it was still working. All is good. You can NOW go to Personalize My Q and change to the other Circular View (small icons) to get more on screen.