Politics...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by michaelsean09, Feb 2, 2008.

1. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I read an interesting article about that yesterday, and I wonder whether that is really a given . . . there's some bad blood between the two candidates, and whether either is willing to play second fiddle to the other (or have the other possibly overshadow them) remains to be seen. Would Clinton be threatened by Obama as VP and his ability to sway and command an audience? Would Obama as VP be pushed to the sidelines with Bill back in the White House at Hillary's side? Would Obama even want to choose Clinton as VP when he has already characterized her as part of the current old guard of politics that he seeks to change? Is Clinton willing to be VP for one or two terms and then trying to seek the Presidential nomination (given possible age questions at that point)? There are lots of factors at play, and depending on how long and drawn out the primary battle is between these two, each may be the other's last choice for running mate when the time comes.

I like both candidates (I voted for Obama in Georgia's primary today), but could the two of them really run together?
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

i did finally make my choice.
    Sooo on that note...its important to vote.

Now off to do some other things.
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

those politicians know that combat makes for good news...i think they could run together and i also think there would be some interesting spouse swapping in the white house lol
  4. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

Ok say Cheri if you don't mind telling I must ask who you voted for. Your state is just a little important to Obama.:wink:
  5. cheri

cheri Active Member

i voted for Obama, bit it was a close very close and difficult decision.

Will be interesting to see the results.
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Not to hijack the thread, but on a decidedly unserious note, with Obama running and this being the day of the California Presidential Primary, any of you 24 fans out there reminded of the first season? [For you non-24 fans out there, the first season of 24 took place on the day of the California Presidential Primary, i.e., Super Tuesday, i.e., today, and one of the main characters, Senator David Palmer, was vying for the Democratic Presidential Nomination]. Not that I would want any of those crazy events of the first season to take place (other than Obama, like Palmer, winning the nomination). . . I am just reminded that I should be enjoying a new season of 24 but am not because of the writer's strike.
  7. cheri

cheri Active Member

Hate to admit it but my dad in Belgium has seen more of 24 than I have. I just neve got into it. But I love me some HOUSE, MD and even that was not as it should have been last season.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

your dad's in/from Belgium ? my dad's mother was 50% Belgium...

just sayin'..

potQ.
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

My Dad Lives in Belgium. I dont know the family history as well on his side. But I dont believe we are "Belgian" my Dad's GF is directly from Denmark.

Would be interesting if we were related wouldnt it haha. jk
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh i see...

interesting to say the least :}
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

now there's something i don't hear everyday :}
  12. starlightapril

starlightapril New Member

Negative, I have one. haha.

Also, Hillary won oklahoma in the primaries!
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

What? The part about politicians being a voice of reason? I know it'll never happen, but one can hope...
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I guess my question from the other day was overshadowed by the election hype.

It appears electing a president is more inportat then holding the rest of he govt. accountable for what they do on a daily basis.
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Remember, the president is usually the scapegoat for the rest of the Govt. (gets blaimed for everything)
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you know why i asked ?
  17. starlightapril

negative. i just thought i would act like i did.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh, okay... works for me :}
  19. starlightapril

So are you going to tell me why you said that or are you just going to leave it alone, because now I really want to know!!
  20. piranah

piranah New Member

everybody else, sorry bout this, something has gotta be said about this, pissed me off waaayyyy too much:

because it will be...if he was white would he be shot?

wasnt he an organizer in Illinois?

At the jobs they had before they were shipped overseas without congressional approval...

no, he wanted the oil, and Cheney wanted to bolster his business interests...it will save lives and bolster the economy, where is all our money going, oh yea, 3 billion a month in a pointless war,,,whoops...and it will save lives...i had to stand next to a high school friends coffin overnight, he was shot in the head by a sniper, guess where, Iraq...try to do that...(im in the National Guard)

no, its because previous presidents have turned their back on vetrans...1/3 of all homeless are vets of some war...

My girlfriend is from Kenya, speaks four languages (one is English, she actually taught it in Kenya), and is doing her practicum at the Vets hospital here...oh yea, she doesnt get the stipend that they offer because she is not an American citizen...guess what, she still does it, and she was chosen over 15 US citizens, why? because of her work ethic and motivation...there is a group of about 400 women who pay half of her tuition and school fees so they can bolster the economy here...there are billions of dollars in scholarships for US citizens, but most are too lazy to apply...Americans are lazy, of course jobs are going overseas, i lost my job to somebody in Manila who had 4, yes 4 college degrees...kinda hard to find that here...

obviously have not been watching the news, um, Obama isnt muslim...