Politics...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by michaelsean09, Feb 2, 2008.

1. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

Politics...

Thats awesome. I at least have a few friends who have been converted. Any fellow tar heel fans where you're at? So do you also support Obama? I'm just curious after you posted in this thread. If you don't want to answer thats cool. I know some people like to keep politics private.
  2. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Cheri is gonna kill me but I don't vote. All politicians as far as I am concerned are self-serving people who want me to believe they are doing all their posturing for me. If I did vote would probably not be going with Obama but I don't follow politics enough to give an informative answer. Just jumped in the thread to help.
  3. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

Thats cool. Just curious.
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

If you do get Facade, check out the Tar Heel homescreen that docmac129 made for me. It is awesome!! The missed call screen has pictures of Ivory Latta too.

I change my homescreen periodically but have mostly stuck with that one since it's so cool and made especially at my request.
  5. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

Yeah I definetly will. I love Ivory Latta. My friend with the dog named psycho t says hes gonna marry her. lol:laugh2:
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

im not going to kill you THR! its not easy pickings you know. They arent easy decisions. I would hope you change your mind.

I want to at least attempt to leave things better for my family when im long gone.

it is interesting how we here have so many that dont vote. The vast majority of which could really steer things in a positive direction. Remember nothing ot no one is ever perfect, call it the lesser of two evils or whatever. I wont rant any more, I just hope you change your mind before the presidential elections....vote absentee if you want...
  7. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

So I have to ask now... who do you support Cheri?
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

im in Cali and our primaries are monday. Honestly I dont know.
    Im not 100% sure about any candidate right now. We (the kids and i) talk alot about it. I am not convinced yet.

I have this problem about not just voting my issues but what would be the best decision by my conscience for everyone. Poor, Middle Class, Rich--etc with specific issues.

Its not a decision that is so cut and dry this time for me.

Can I ask why you voting Obama? I really liked his address at the DNC last time and thought he would make a run for it at somepoint. But is now the right time? Barely one term in senate.

I used to think McCain had it going on. But he faultered by toeing the party line IMO.

Hillary, well Im disappointed with the bs between her and Obama. That goes for them both. Cant say I wouldnt mind her hubby being around. I dont care what he does socially.

Issues like healthcare I tend to go Liberal. I see far too much in my work to not be behind that. Im more conservative about economics as far as foreign investing etc. I think we have to clean up here before we can give away jobs overseas.

Long answer and alot to consider befor monday.

The other ones are just too out there for my taste.
  9. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

Well I have done a lot of reading in to his policies and I would say he simply fits what I believe in closest of all candidates. I would suggest going to his website http://www.barackobama.com and just checking his policies out. His health care policy was a big deciding factor for me. My mom had some insurance issues after my parents divorce so it is comforting to me that under Obama if someone needs health care they will get health care. Another big thing for me is the war. He is going to immediately begin to bring the troops home and use diplomacy to try to mend the country rather than the current plan. I also like his stance on immigration. He is going to crack down on employers who hire illegal immigrants. Also he is going to "bring illegal immigrants out of the shadows". By this he will allow undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens. I think that the Republican thinking on immigration is hypocritical. The majority of the population in this country can trace their ancestry to foreign countries yet they want to limit people from entering the "melting pot of the world" that just doesn't seem right to me. I hope that you will do research on Barack because I truly believe he is the best candidate to lead this country and I hope to encourage undecided people to vote for him.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I had a lot to say. :laugh2:

By the way. The bickering has stopped and at the last debate there was even talk of an Obama-Clinton/Clinton-Obama ticket depending on who gets the nomination.
  10. MidwestHxC

MidwestHxC New Member

Well here is my deciding factor the country is not ready for a black president because if he gets assassinated the country will go into flames because the black community will think it raciest. Also i will not support someone that doesn't honor the AMERICAN FLAG! If your going to be a American president at least look at the flag when it is being raised and lowered. Ole Obama or whatever his name is doesn't honor the flag and he will go ahead and says he doesn't. What kind of an United states of American president is that? Just ask yourself that and also the dumb sob doesn't believe in organized labor....wow and he is a democrat? Also you talk about the troops being brought home? Where are there troops going to work if there not defending are country? The way i look at it as is the country is at war because are fine president right now put us in this mess with the trade in the first place and right now we are defending it. Bring the troops home wont help are economy and if ya think it will save lives it wont. There will be more people homeless on the streets because there is no work because of the outsourcing that is going on. And for the non Americans getting government aid for English classes piss on that! If the dumb shits cant afforded to come over here and get a loan for the school why should i have to pay for them to live in our country. Obama is a worthless to be a president and who ever votes for him will be looking for a new job in the future because the Muslims community will be talking over soon and the American flag wont even be flown. Anymore arguments to this just PM me no need to thread this kind of politics in this forum goodnight.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

Wow did you stick your finger in a light socket?
    Your a bit charged up arent ya?

Last time I checked we still were allowed free speech. So michaelsean and I got a bit carried away. BFD "brother". If you would have taken the knot out of your panties for a moment you would have seen I was going to ask our mod friends to move this part of the thread. Neither you, me, or michaelsean has that authority.

Some kind of weird paranoia IMO, I dont care what someones race, gender, sexual orientation, car, pet, vegan, carnivore. What counts is their ability to do the job.

Maybe you could link to these claims about Obama, only time I have seen stuff like that is via spam. Ever hear of www.snopes.com you should try it sometime. Not everything you get in your spam is real....well that is unless you try that male "enhancement" that works great I tried it and it works for me!

I have never seen anyone from any party that does not want the troops home at some point. Your comment is insane IMO, linking economy to war, what planet are you from? So all this time that is what it was Bush lied about the war to boost the economy so there would be work for soldiers? If that were the case have you not heard, the war isnt paying off.

The claim about the english classes is bs. I got that spam too. Do a bit of research before you start pushing ideas that are not factually based. That is a problem with this country, not enough people know how to use the search features on the internet. Here is a secret for you, most illegal immigrants work, they pay into social security HELLO, they cant apply for social security benefits so they are paying for your retirement.

I wont PM you, why should I? too frail from all that carrying the burdens of the world on your shoulders? Everyone is out to get you! They are stealing your womens,raping your jobs and forcing your to shop and Wal-Mart!

I would suggest you not PM me I dont believe in them...step into the light "brother" and throw down. Cuz Ill beat the hate outta ya and use it to stitch your wounds and you'll like it. You wont get any lidocaine because its not covered by your insurance.

Love, Peace and Sooooooooooooooooooul!

(disclaimer: no actual lunatics were hurt in this posting)
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

Not to worry michaelsean, I will be looking at alot this weekend. Talking to people whose opinions I trust. Going fist to cuffs with crazy people. lol jk Its all good, better to be positive than a negative nancy. At least we can try to make some positive changes in our country.

****ok mods please make us an off topic thread when you wake up from your slumber****
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Here here Cheri!
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

(blushing)

I am so demur arent I lol.

For the record, I do believe everyone has their opinion. But its like be ready for opposition and learn a bit about what you are so "passionate" about.

I have an uncle that was sending me spam regarding candidates during the last election. He purposely blocked me so he wouldnt see my replies. That is pretty pathetic when you cant "take it" from a lady. And I assure you I am one heck of a lady.
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Some people are just determined to show you the errors of your ways while not being willing to look at themselves or their beliefs as being suspect.
    One reason I don't vote is I don't know enough about the candidates to make an informed decision based on facts and not someones emotional rants. It's easy to take one or two negative things about each candidate and blow it out of portion especially when you don't believe or like the person to begin with.
    I knew someone was going to chime in and ruin a perfectly peaceful discussion and turn into something racial or prejudicial against women. Instead of looking at what the candidates stand for.
    Just my 2 cents or is it a penny for your thoughts.
    You go girl!! You know I have your back!
  16. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

way to go Cheri!
  17. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

I chose to work this once i saw the subject matter. I am a registered independent, I refuse to pay homage to any party. I don;t get to vote on Tuesday in Oklahoma thanks to our Unconstitutional election laws regarding third party ballot access.

I wrote open letters to both party chairs in November as well as to my Governor and State and Federal Reps, and still no.

If I were forced to register, I would be a democrat. If I were voting in the democratic primary on Tuesday, it would be for Obama.

My fall choice in the general election will really depend on who the Democratic Nominee is. I really, for the last year, have struggled with Hillary Clinton. It has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman. it has alot to do with her arrogant nature. her demeanor, reminds me alot of Bush. She is far more intelligent, but I get this ugly If I win I'll be right vibe from here.

Hence the screen, let me know if there are any other alterations i can attempt for anyone.
  18. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

Wow! I just got up and looked on here. This thread has exploded. Midwest I am interested to know where you get your "facts" the things you said about Sen. Obama are both offensive and wrong. You need to actually research candidates not believe everything that comes to you in a forward. A) That nonsense about the American flag doesn't even make sense. B) Barack Obama is not a Muslim. He is a Christian. Please check your facts next time before attacking my political views.
  19. michaelsean09

michaelsean09 Member

I truly did not want it to turn in to this. However, when asked I feel like I have an obligation as a supporter to spread Sen. Obama's message.
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

why is this caca doodle Lucky.
    you dont vote ese?