PocketWeather from SBSH

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Prosper, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

Hmmm, is this for people who already bought PocketWeather as well? I paid full price :frown:

2. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Help Anyone!

I can't get pocketweather to update.

Not manually or automatically. It keeps telling me to check my internet connection, but my connection is fine because I can post with no problem using PIE.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled still no help. I do notice that when I get to the initial screen where it asks for my translation. I select English and then press complete and nothing happens, I have to press the home key on the Q then go back into the PW settings to see a different screen. Is this normal?

Has any other q users had this problem? I have the latest update 2.0.6 on a Q1

Thanks!
  3. Prosper

Prosper New Member

You're normally asked for the language during installation :blink:
  4. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Uh.. yes I know that much.

Listen, I can't seem to get PW to work at all on my device. (Verizon Q1) I've searched their forum and found other CDMA users who seem to have similar problems, but at least they can do a manual update. Here are my problems.

1.) I can not manual or automatic update. (however, I have managed to get some data through an active sync connection)
    2.) When I test the internet connection it says that I have a connection issue and/or a proxy problem.

I do not have a connection issue because I get on the net without a problem. I am not advanced in the area of Proxies. Currently my device is on the default setting. Do you have any suggestions?

I read in one thread that a CDMA user had to start a internet connection with PIE, then PW would do a mannual update. However after trying this, I still cannot manually or automatically update.

I've been through the FAQ support thread and the tutorial on updates and notifications. Still no success.

I'm getting tired of looking at the white screen, which reads "No weather update available Please ensure internet connection to download weather data."

I've contacted "benkc" a moderator of the SBSH forum and he's checking some things out. I was interested in knowing if any other Q1 user that updated to the most recent version has had any problems.
  5. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I just don't understand why that message pops up when you use PW ...

Try another proxy. You can change the proxy settings in PW settings (it's somewhere in the Connections settings - can't say where exactly atm as I don't have a device currently).
  6. cindra

cindra Active Member

@koolwater

I had similar problems with it on a Q9h, the only way I could get any updates was if I started an internet connection with Opera first, and even that wasn't guaranteed. I had even purchased it because others here were having such great luck with it. Never did get it to work, ended up wasting the money and bought Elecont Weather instead. It ain't fancy, but it shows me what I want and it worked right out of the box.

Good luck!
  7. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Thanks, but I've tried all of the proxies they have listed. I even did their "Internet test" and it told me that I have no connection. :wacko: There has to be a bug unique to CDMA users. I noticed that most of the SBSH frequenters are not CDMA. I hope I didn't waste $12.00. Now the next time I'm out of lunch money I'm gonna be pissed! :frown:
  8. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I have a Q1 from Sprint. After installing and setting up my options, I had no weather information. I clicked Test Internet Access from the Update menu. I received a message after 15-30 sec saying it had established contact with Google. It has been working fine ever since.
  9. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Have you tried getting support on SBSH forums? There can only be fixes if issues get reported ...:wink:
  10. cindra

cindra Active Member

Not directly. I saw some others there who posted with the same issues and no one answered their posts, so I decided not to add any more. By that time I was pretty sick and tired of the whole thing. Too bad, cuz I really love Facade.
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

You did give it the old college try. I remember that, Im sorry it did not get working, I like the set up with the calendar/weather icons.
  12. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

you know I tried this program for a while, and when it comes down to it, i prefer fizz weather....but it comes down to personal preference...the pocketweather seemed buggy or awkward on my q9c....
  13. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

The issue I have is not being able to register the updated PocketWeather with my current information.

I have sent emails to SBSH. They told me they needed a screen shot of my Q, so I used a program they linked for me. That wonderful program wiped all the pictures I had on my storage card...funny thing is, the pictures I have on my contacts are still there.

I finally received new registration info, only to get a library error. Sent more emails, completely unistalled and reinstalled, same thing. SBSH said they forwarded my emails to the main program writer...that was about a month ago and still nothing.

I am still using the previous version of PocketWeather without any issues; although I occassionaly get a notification that an updated version is available.

I like PW better than Fizz because of the detailed information, maps, moon phases and all that other stuff I can't understand :laugh2:
  14. cindra

cindra Active Member

I liked that as well, but ended up with Elecont Weather. I can set it up in different ways on the home screen, I particularly like the fact that I can see the current conditions on the homescreen instead of the forecast. Elecont doesn't have earthquakes and all that happy crap, but if I want to get that detailed I'll open the browser and go to weatherunderground. :wink:
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yeah, I didn't last long with Pocketweather either, just wasn't as reliable as I wanted it to be. I tried and like Elecont but now that I have my custom ekoflip don't want it to mess up the flow. So I use Rudeboy's method and just look out the window. :tounge:
  16. cindra

cindra Active Member

Maybe we could talk eko into adding Elecont into the ekoflip! (That is one sweet screen!)
  17. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I know!! I work with another Tar Heel fan that has a blackberry and he is absolutely green with envy over my ekoflip Tar Heel home screen. Of course, he wouldn't be so upset if I didn't show it to him every chance I get. heeheehee. Not my fault his crackberry can't customized like my Q, right?!
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

@ cindra

are you caught up in the madness that is ACC basketball!! Boy, you should have heard me yelling while watching my Tar Heels squeak out a win against the Hokies.
  19. smiller2076

smiller2076 New Member

What's this Elecont? Any good?
  20. cindra

cindra Active Member

That's right! He shoulda thought ahead about how limited those berries are! I can just see ya flashin' the ekoflip every chance ya can hee hee! Poor guy...how long do ya think before he succumbs and buys a Q? :smile: