PocketSNES I need help!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by k-shaps, Sep 26, 2007.

1. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

PocketSNES I need help!

OK, so I have downloaded and installed tgetfile.cab as well as pocketSNES, however, when I press load rom and choose one, I am still brought back to the PocketSNES screen. I installed tgetfile.cab and PocketSNES on my mini SD, should that matter? Please help me out. I am dying to play some SNES on my Q!

I have pocketSNES version 1.12.200-0.2

Thanks ahead of time!
  2. daniel

daniel New Member

i think you go into pocketsnes, and check the associated files box. you pick your games through file manager, not through pocketsnes using "load rom"

let me know if you need a better description
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this is how you do it with the NES Roms so it may work with SNES
  4. daniel

daniel New Member

^you're right...whoops, i read it wrong :x
  5. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I would have more than 1 game (.smc format) saved to your phone. Open the SNESemulator, then do file/load rom, scroll down and highlight the game and push the middle button (launch). It should open up. If you don't have sound, you have to turn it on in the settings and exit the emulator and restart it. It is extra loud though...

Hope this helps.
  6. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

That is not working, that is why I asked the question. After I launch it the game does not even start I am just brought back to the SNES menu screen. If you would not mind could you please write a step by step in depth way to do this. I have read the other how to guides on here and other sites and can still not get it to work. Thank you.
  7. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

BUMP. Someone has to know how to do it on here...
  8. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

& you have more than one game on your Q? The game highlights when you do file/loan rom?? I ran into the same issue that you are having and that is what I did to fix...I can try a more detailed approach later if you need - even though that ^ is about the sum of it...
  9. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

i have tried other roms too. still nothing. plese help.
  10. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

What emulator do you have? My emulator main screen says PocketSNES version 1.52 build 2006-03-04 Based on Snes9x 1.43. Is that what you have?? On a Moto Q? (May seem like a dumb question but people w/ ppc's post on this site too for some reason)

Edit: nevermind - I saw that you have an older version. Find ^^ that one. I have an SNES emulator if you click on the link in my signature.
  11. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

I have a sprint motorola q and I bought it in August. I downloaded your PocketSnes, but have not installed it yet. Do I need a tgetfile.cab for it to work?
  12. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I don't think so. I have a SNES folder on my SD card of my Q with the pocketsnes.exe program and a bunch of .smc games...that's all that is in it.
  13. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

Weird that's what I have too...When I press on load rom, nothing happens. Is there anything else you have in that folder?
  14. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I have nothing else in it. Even the new version that you d/l from my site??? You un-installed the old version? Maybe you should delete that tdll thingy too..? Try a soft reset?? Weird cuz I have sprint Q too and it's fine for me. I have nes and snes both work fine. The only time I had that exact thing happen to me was when I had only 1 rom and it wasn't highlighting a game at all. As soon as I put 2 games on it, I could move down and highlight the game to open.
  15. Alumel

Alumel New Member

where can I get PoceketSNES?

I was hoping someone could tell me where I could get that program for my phone
  16. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

My Q apps below.
  17. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

OK, so it's working now. I did need the getfile.dll, but the sound does not work for me. What sound settings so you have checked? Thank you! I guess all I needed was the new version of PocketSNES.
  18. k-shaps

k-shaps New Member

Ok, so I figured out how to enable sound, but it is really slow with it. Is there any way to fix that?
  19. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

I'm glad you got it working. The sound makes it slow on mine too & I don't know of a fix. I don't even use it...
  20. vApor21

vApor21 New Member

how are you guys getting sound to work??? and also, what kind of KEY config are you guys using.. the default ones are all messed up..