PocketnesterPlus

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by lildman, Mar 8, 2009.

1. lildman

lildman New Member

PocketnesterPlus

Has anyone tried PocketnesterPlus on their Qn yet? I installed and it is running extreeeemmllyy slow. Too slow to even play. Is there a newer version out that I am missing? It ran on the old Q with no problems.:frown:
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Haven't seen the need......

I have it on my Q9m/c (on the SDHC card)....Haven't seen the need to put it on the "Nap". The buttons seem a little "stiff" for play on the "Nap". That's why I never installed.
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

That's really interesting. I haven't tried it on my nap yet but you'd think it would be as fast or faster especially if you installed it to "Device" rather than "Storage Card." -RIP
  4. lildman

lildman New Member

I was expecting better color and faster play, but the only the color was enhanced. I even tried running it after I turned the battery saver off. Benchmark tests show that the NAP is all around a faster machine...curious as to why performance sucked??
  5. lildman

lildman New Member

I used the hacks on the old Q to step up the processing power...not that it needs it, but will the same hacks work for the Q9n?
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Some will BUT some are specific. Need to be careful. The Nap is a whole new machine although the WM 6.1 is the same kernel. -RIP
  7. tssf

tssf New Member

Just so everyone knows, PocketNester Plus (0.9) played slow on my Q9h as well. if I wanted smooth sound / gameplay, I had to turn on PAL mode and reload the game. Try that and see if it will play better. Your games will play at 50Hz instead of 60, but at least you'll have smooth gameplay.
  8. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

Ummm...the Nap has a completely different chipset and CPU and should have little to no problems running almost anything. It has a TI OMAP 2420 processor...Google it...it's multi core with it's own GPU that pushes an incredible amount of Mpixels and triangles per sec.
    Supposedly beats nVidia 5500 series desktop cards and can do 30FPS full accellerated 3D graphics!

I have not played any games on it or used it's capabilities at all beyond yuotube and other videos but I was shocked when I read how powerful the chipset is...on paper at least.
  9. tssf

tssf New Member

It might have all that hardware, however PocketNester Plus was not designed to utilize it. It runs exactly the same as it did on my Q9H, and the only way to get smooth sound / gameplay is to turn it to PAL, or simply shut sound off.
  10. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

Interesting. It has ran flawlessly on my Q9m since I installed it. Didn't have to make any changes to the settings and it's installed on the SD card.
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

Mine also.... Still haven't tried it on the Nap yet.
  12. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

I changed the sound quality, and it played well.
  13. lildman

lildman New Member

Changed the sound quality sample rate to 8000 and it runs smoothly...without switching to PAL mode. But the game play is not as nice as my original Q black. The d-pad is too stiff and when trying to move and press a or b it sticks, limiting game play. Looks like a half victory for overall game play:frown:
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

The stiff keys are why I have never tried it on the Nap. It does work great on the Q9m/c.