PocketNester/PocketSNES issues

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by astroraptor, Feb 11, 2008.

1. astroraptor

astroraptor New Member

PocketNester/PocketSNES issues

On my Q9h, using PocketNester I can only press on button at a time or it won't respond. So in SMB3 I can't run and jump at the same time. In PocketSNES, the entire screen is just garbage. Anyone know any fixes for that?
  2. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

I only use pocketnester and it works great. There is a limit to how many simultaneous buttons can be recognized. I think its two, so when you try to run fast then jump, mario wont jump. Same with a game like Contra where you have to run shooting in a 45 degree angle, you cant do it. One of the bummers of NES play on the Q9
  3. astroraptor

astroraptor New Member

So pretty much all games except Tetris are playable. Nice.
  4. tlflow

tlflow New Member

Hi, did you ever find a working emulator or working version of PocketSNES for your Q9h?
  5. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

There are a number of them. I use pocketnester, no problemo. Just run a search here.
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

He/she's looking for a SNES emulator . . . PocketNester is a NES emulator only.
  7. astroraptor

astroraptor New Member

I wish ... apart from the great MS-DOS emulator I bought, I think I wasted money on buying a Windows Mobile device.
  8. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

Its true what he says.. about not being able to press more than one button at a time... theres only a few games you can play ...like tetris.
    You cant play mario, batman, fighting games, battle type games anything.... WHy hasnt anyone come up with a fix for this???
  9. astroraptor

astroraptor New Member

My solution: buy a PSP, flash a custom firmware and install emulators. :p
  10. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

Did you find a way to make the buttons work on the Q9h? Is there a hack or whatever? link?
  11. astroraptor

astroraptor New Member

No, I haven't. It was a bad idea to get a WM phone without a touch screen.
  12. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

I like the Q9h just fine. The only problems I have had are
    1. I cant get tcpmp to play youtube videos properly.
    2. I got NESemulator and like a ton of nes roms but the non-ability
    to press two buttons at a time severely lowers the value of them.

about the PSP: so I have been seeing stuff about this here and there but never looked into it. Im gonna go look around but lemme also ask: You are saying to get like a regular PSP and I am able to download emulators and roms into there? NES? SNES? ETC??
  13. astroraptor

astroraptor New Member

Unfortunately not, you have to get a custom firmware for it. I will not discuss how to do so or where to find info on how to do it because I'm certain I'll be violating the rules of this board. But yes, you can have NES, GB, GBA, SNES and N64 games on the PSP, among others as long as you have a custom firmware and you have a memory stick with lots of, well, memory. For $169.99 this is completely worth it.
  14. kerosene25

kerosene25 New Member

yea totally, and i guess thats for the 'psp forums' huh lol.
    But back to the pocketNester issues with holding two buttons down:
    I was looking through some freeware sites and I noticed that there was a program that enable some sort of 2button push thing but it was for texting...
    I think it was called smarttoolkit, but anyways that app would make for a different way of texting which I didnt find appealling but some people might.
    But it occured to me: Why couldnt somebody come up with a way to make it so that you are able to push 2 buttons at the same time so that you can play the hundreds of NES/SNES games on pocketnester?? Or why wouldnt the people who created pocketnester figured this out yet? Or Am I totally missing something and Nobody is telling me?!
    I am not the least bit qualified to do so myself, but I would have guessed that somebody would have at least attempted to do something like this?
    Yet Ive searched and searched and havent found anything. In fact, I searched for others complaining or discussing this issue and didnt find too many either.
    It is very surprising considering that NES has so many cool games that everyone loves so much! SO why cant I find a way to play these games on my Q? Anybody?
  15. xirtamon

xirtamon New Member

My guess is that the reason we have this '2 button' limit problem is not the fault of the emulator programmers whatsoever. I'm sure that it is a limitation of the phone itself. If you have a phone that supports more simultaneous key presses the emus would work fine. I'm also certain that Motorola could update the bios in a future revision to fix this problem, and perhaps would if enough users were to request it. Perhaps..

Picodrive is by far my favorite emulator, I have tons of games that work great without running into the button problem. Of course there is the 'black bars' problem on the Q9H, but I hardly notice it after a minute of playing..

16. FunkMasterRitter

FunkMasterRitter New Member

any one know how well nester works on q9m?
  17. kogama

kogama Active Member

POcketnester plus worked great on my q. One day i had to master reset it and i didnt have sprite backup at the time. So i lost installation instructions and never installed it since then. But yeah it works great. On the regular q.
  18. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

works great on my Q9c, as do PocketSNES, Picodrive, and Gnuboy (small screen on Gnuboy, though).
  19. aZnUlTiMaTe

aZnUlTiMaTe New Member

How do you guys get pocketSNES to work? I try searching the forum, but couldn't find the fix. My screen looks like many small boxes that can't make up a perfect picture. I tried portrait left and transparent. Don't work. Any help?