Pocket SNES emulator now working with sound

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by gravel, Jul 8, 2006.

1. di_nate

di_nate New Member

Ok, I found out the problem. What you have to do is manually type in the name of the final so it highlights it. It won't actually select the file and open the rom, that's why it returns to the emulator and does nothing. This also applies for the sega emulator.
  2. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

Yeah, I have that problem too. If you load another rom on there so you have more than one, it lets you select the one you want without typing.
  3. toxiclows

toxiclows New Member

Works great for me. . . .donkey kong and super mario will eat up alot of bored time for me. . .thanks

chris
  4. Primus

Primus New Member

When I click on "Load ROM" nothing happens. Any ideas?
  5. Primus

Primus New Member

NM. I got it working. Yay!
  6. kgbcapthowdy

kgbcapthowdy New Member

i cant exit any game one it loads, what am i doing wrong
  7. dipgolf

dipgolf New Member

Press m. That should bring up the file menu on the soft keys.
  8. Ckrayola

Ckrayola New Member

Hey i have that same problem, i click load ROM and nothing happens. Can someone help me?
  9. quebert

quebert New Member

weird, I put the EXE on my storage card, and the DLL, then I copied 4 roms to the dir I put the EXE in, I went into the properties and tried to get sound to work. I get no sound on any of the roms. NES emulator gave me sound just fine.

any ideas what I can try? beyond the basic "enable sound" check box, I fiddled with the remaining to see what happens and couldn't get sound.

roms I tried

Super Punchout
    Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2
    WCW Brawl
    Wrestlemania Arcade

don't know for sure if the sound emulation is 100% but it should work on at least one of those games even if it isn't...
  10. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

For those of you that are clicking "Load ROM" and nothing happens, make sure you INSTALL the tgetfile.cab.
  11. FlubFlav31

FlubFlav31 New Member

SNES Sound trouble

I'm also having trouble getting sound; trying to play Mortal Kombat I right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

12. quebert

quebert New Member

ok I got sound to work, I had to press the thumb wheel while the game was playing and it turned the sound on.

Super Punchout runs perfectly while playing, the sound is a bit choppy before the matches start but once in it's just about 100% speed and the sound is good.
  13. FlubFlav31

FlubFlav31 New Member

SWEET! Thanks Quebert! That did the trick. The ability to play Nintendo and SNES games on the Q is seriously the coolest thing ever. I get more positive comments about the Q based on this than anything else. I can barely hang onto the phone myself, as my gf keeps stealing it to play Super Mario Bros. 3. Anyone who spends $$ to download games on the Q is a chump! I am totally reliving the 80's and 90's everytime I have a spare moment with this phone.
    :thumbup: :w00t: :geek: :w00t:
  14. Sayno

Sayno New Member

Does sound work in all games?

So far i've only tried Earthbound and it works great, until I enable sound, then whenever it tries to play a sound the game locks up, but if I goto the menu disable sound then resume the game, it continues normally. . .
  15. chewyfurball

chewyfurball New Member

16. aceitalia83

aceitalia83 New Member

Snes emulator slow!!

Hey, whats up I got my emulator to work just fine..just wondering..its not as fast as my nes emulator is this normal or can I mess with the settings to make it faster, I got the 1.52 version witch as far as I can tell is the latest version, anything I can do?
  17. da84tona

da84tona New Member

I'm experiencing the same problem, but I think this is just normal for all... unless i'm wrong someone please correct me
  18. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

Which version of PocketNester do I get for Smartphone?
  19. gotenks1897

gotenks1897 New Member

Disable Auto Frame Skip. my phone would lock up on 2 out of 3 roms (requiring me to hold the power key till it shut off) but after disabling auto fram skip i can load nearly any rom, and the ones that don't load don't lock up my phone anymore.

P.S. i put the frame skip on 2, but i really dont know what the difference is
  20. ibndfan

ibndfan New Member

Can anyone tell me the config for the buttons? It's all messed up with like up being right etc...