pMSNServer.exe??

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Drewfu$, Jan 27, 2007.

1. relisted

relisted Member

i thougt it was ust your Q getting and sending its emails...

rite? wrong?
  2. goss50

goss50 New Member

Perfect!

this was extremely helpful.

3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I would say no way it would effect slick. Slick is using MSN's servers not your device msn...right?
  5. n99hockey

thats what i thought to but i was just making sure
  6. benm

benm New Member

When I try to delete the folder pocketmsn, it says access denied, what do I need to do?
    And does anyone know if when pmsnserver.exe is running does it use KBs?
  7. n99hockey

you probably need to unlock the device
    install aeconfig
    http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/
  8. dhorton

dhorton New Member

Unable to install resco

I have tried to install resco and other registry editors to my Moto Q and everytime I get a device not supported error. This pMSNServer is costing me data usage charges at Verizon because it just randomly pops up. I don't know how to get rid of it without one of these registry editors. Can someone please help me??
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard...

sounds like you may have downloaded the incorrect version of the apps... try PHM Registry Editor at http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/
  10. dhorton

dhorton New Member

Phm

that is the version I downloaded. I tried the ActiveSync download. I tried the 2002, 2003 version download. All to no avail :(( Most probably I am doing something incorrectly as I have no idea what I'm doing, obviously. Thanks for your help.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

not a whole lot you can do wrong.... download file, if it's a .cab copy it to your Q and execute. (Active Sync for XP, Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista)
  12. dhorton

dhorton New Member

Resco

I finally got Resco to install but when I try to open it, it says Can't Find: RRegistry and then goes on about path and filenames :(
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

if you installed just Resco Explorer it will not work, you need the Registry Add-on, now i am not sure but i also think that applies vice versa..
  14. dhorton

dhorton New Member

Thank you

I got it to work :)))) I think I got all instances of this ridiculous file we shall see. Thank you again so much for your help :)
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problemo...
  16. ***MotoQMamma***

***MotoQMamma*** New Member

I went through Resco and searched for the pmsnserver.dll and changed to .dl on about 10 entries - hoping it'll stop unwanted data charges that I don't access anything for -
    question is - anyone have or know of any other programs that access the web to look for mail or other updates (or how maybe I could find them?) (I am one of those that only uses the moto q for calls and messaging, maybe weird, but that's us... so I want to stop all other data charges and access to the web other than for mms pic messages.)
    thanks!
  17. serenade777

serenade777 New Member

when i try to do that it says that i have to open up the application and then open it up inside that application
  18. ***MotoQMamma***

***MotoQMamma*** New Member

did you go through Resco Explorer on the cell? Then you go to menu and "Find" then Replace with .dl
    However, after doing this, pmsnserver.exe doesn't pop up in task manager anymore, but I"m still getting data access charges from somewhere, but I cannot tell WHAT or WHERE they are coming from.
    I have the data password thing on, but every time I open/ok the connection for the internet to allow a pic message to be received, it ends up staying open and doesn't require a password the next time a pic message is received, so I end up with these other data charges that something must be accessing the web for periodically and once I opened the connection for the picture message, the internet connection apparently doesn't require a password for all the other times something needs data (until I power off the phone).
    ANYONE know how to find out what programs or what is dialing up the internet and burning up small amounts of data?? I don't want ANY of it but pic messages/MMS but I'm stuck