Pls help. Need to put 2 plugins on one line.

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by cameljok, Dec 1, 2006.

1. cameljok

cameljok New Member

Pls help. Need to put 2 plugins on one line.

I have been editing my screens and wanted to know if there is a way to have 2 plugins on one line?? I would like to have the Bluetooth manager plugin on the same line next to the Profile plugin. The profile plugin wastes valuable real estate since it doesnt need to take the whole width of the line. I learned how to do that with shortcuts but not plugins... Please help..

thanks...
  2. troutseth

troutseth Guest

I went looking for this a few months ago . . I came up blank. If someone has figured it out, I would love to see.
  3. inf3st

inf3st New Member

I know it requires the orange.dll i'd look more into that. plus there is a thread over on qusers that is very thorough on this also
  4. cameljok

cameljok New Member

thanks i will look into that....
  5. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

Yes. It requires the 4orangeh.dll and WM_5regsrv.exe (close to that spelling i think). Good luck trying to find the (dll) though. I've been trying to get a hold of it for about a week solid and haven't been able to locate it. If you get it....hook a brutha up ;O)
  6. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

7. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

keep searching on here or Qusers. there is a detailed write up ln exactly what to do once the .dll is in your application data/home folder....i just don't remember what it's called. That thread also has the regserv.exe file that you can download to your appdata/home folder.
  8. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

OK, this is what I found this regarding registering Orange DLL:

Put WM5_Regsvrce.exe into \application data\home as well as the 4orangeh.dll.
    this regsvr does not have a UI, so you have to register the dll manually.
    open resco explorer 2003 (there is a trial on resco homepage),
    select the regsvrce but don't execute!
    use menu -> file -> run and enter under "arguments" 4orangeh.dll,
    pres ok and restart your device.

I am not sure if this actually works...
  9. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

OK - I am correcting my last post. Presuming you use the Cab file referenced above, you do not need to register the DLL voa WM5_Regsvrce. Launching the cab will place the Orange files in the \Storage\Application Data\Home directory. Copy all the contents into \Application Data\Home. That's it.

John
  10. MachB5

MachB5 New Member

Why would someone not have to register the .dll? I had to register mine after it was in the 'home' folder.
  11. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Not sure. This was disucessed over on Qusers.com. Perhaps it is specific to the version available in the cab file (via the link previously referenced).

All I can say with certainy is that it worked for me without registering.

John
  12. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

Did anyone ever figure out the exact coding required to do what the original poster was wanting? I have the orange .dll and have registered it, but can't for the life of me figure out the XML coding required to place two items on one line. Any help?
  13. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

What end result are you trying to accomplish?

I am no XML wiz. I found a home screen that combined the plugins I was looking for, and then customized from there. In my case, I was looking for the clock on the icon bar.

John
  14. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I'm wanting to put the Profile and BT plugins on the same line, then find out if there's any way to put website plugins on the Sprint Q like the VZW Q had. I'd love the code to put the clock in the icon bar as well, I miss that from my PPC. Thanks for your help.
  15. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Here's the thread from qusers.com that got me up and running:
    http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7708

Also, check out this thread as it has a number of screens / xml code that incorporate the orange dll:
    http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2184&start=1440

John
  16. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

Thanks for the link. I'll try messing around with the code in that thread and see what I can come up with. The final code for the time in the icon bar wasn't posted though. Could I trouble you to post the final code that you have working on your Q for just the icon plugin? Thanks a lot.

Edit-I just played with it, and got the clock in icon bar on the homescreen (but haven't fixed the colors yet). But the clock doesn't stay on the screen when you go to the menus or anything. That's the time when I'd want it the most. I already have the time on my carrier/date/time plugin on my homescreen, and really want it when on other screens. Is there any way to do that?
  17. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I modified the code a bit to include the date under the time. Here's my home screen xml. I included "theme" code as I have been told that it is relevant:

<version>1.0</version>
    <default target-width="240" target-height="320" font-face="Segoe Condensed" font-size="19" font-weight="bold" padding-left="5" padding-right="5" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" padding-top="3" b-border-color="COLOR_HOMERULE" b-border-width="1">
    <format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT"/>
    </default>
    <background bgimage="KGWHPPv6.JPG" valign="bottom" bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" bgimage-rotated="KGWHPPv6.JPG"/>
    <scheme>
    <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="#2E97E3"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" value="#50A5E5"/>
    </scheme>
    <plugin width="320" height="0" handlekeys="CHILD" padding-left="-5" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">
    <background bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" fgcolor="#ffffff"/>
    <shortcut width="70">
    <plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="date_time" height="20" padding-left="-3">
    <clock>
    <time font-size="20" font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" halign="left" mode="short" y="-4"/>
    <date font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#ffffff" font-size="14" valign="top" halign="left" mode="short" y="11" x="1" w="80"/>
    </clock>
    </plugin>
    </shortcut>
    <shortcut width="235">
    <plugin clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}" name="iconbar">
    <iconbar bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#ffffff"/>
    </plugin>
    </shortcut>
    </plugin>
    <!-- Global/default settings for all instances of the Facade Plugin -->
    <facade ClearType="1" BlendColor="COLOR_HOMERULE" BlendPercent="70" SelectionColor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" SelectionBorderColor="COLOR_HOMERULE" ShowSelectionBorder="1" font-size="19" font-weight="medium" padding-left="3" padding-right="3" padding-top="0" padding-bottom="0" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" ShowCompleted="0" Wraparound="1" LauncherArrows="0" Show="both" MaxDays="30" MaxLines="70" UndatedFirst="0" ShowIndicators="1" AlwaysShowToday="1" ShowEmptyDays="0" ShowSeparatorLine="1" ShowDateToday="1" ShowAllDayText="1" ShowTodayText="1" ShowTomorrowText="0" ShowNoAppointmentsText="1" ShowUndatedHeading="0" ShowOverdueHeading="1" MinutesPastAppointment="0" ClickAction="Prompt" ShortDateFormat="M/d" LongDateFormat="dddd, MMM d" TimeFormat="h:mm tt" ShowLocation="0" AllDayFormat="right" LineIndent="6">
    <heading font-weight="bold" textIndent="0" blendPercent="20"/>
    </facade>

Resulting in:
    [​IMG]
  18. PEZCORE

PEZCORE New Member

is it possible for 3 plugins in one line?
  19. xkissthestars7x

xkissthestars7x New Member

20. baer3328

baer3328 New Member

May I ask which code above allows the multiple plugin per line.