Please, help. How to unlock "Motorola Q"?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by MotoMania, Jan 9, 2007.

1. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

Please, help. How to unlock "Motorola Q"?

Please, help...
    I bought "Motorola Q" from "Verizon", before that i asking about "Lock" or "Unlock" and the answer is "Lock" and then i pay for USD 150 for "Unlock" and then i bring to my country Indonesia. In my country i try to "inject" but the provider said "that's phone still lock", the network doesn't want connect. Somebody can help?

If i need to "Unlock" again. How to unlock my "Motorola Q"? My provider said they want try to unlock but the risk if they fail to "unlock" is my phone will be blank and can't use that phone. If that's will happen, what can i do?

Thank you very much for the help,
  2. inf3st

inf3st New Member

How long have you had this phone?
  3. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

I bought around August 2006. From i bought until now, nobody in my country can't inject. And now i try again to inject, the provider can inject but still doesn't has network and they said the phone still "Lock". The provider already "Reset" my phone so all the data in my phone "Deleted".

I don't understand, why "Verizon" said that phone already "Unlock" after i paid for USD 150. But now the provider in my country said "Lock". :(
  4. inf3st

inf3st New Member

You paid verizon 150 dollars to unlock your phone? If this is true then one of the two phone companies is wrong. Check with verizon to see if the phone was actually unlocked.
  5. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

Yup... I paid Verizon for unlock. How to check to Verizon to see if the phone was actually unlocked or locked?
  6. inf3st

inf3st New Member

If the phone isn't unlocked you should be able to call 1(800) 922-0204 and speak with customer service.
  7. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

It's expensive for me if i must call to that's number from my country. Well... I choose pay again for unlock around USD 60 in my country. :( Bad experience buy from Verizon.
  8. inf3st

inf3st New Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope ya get everything worked out.
  9. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

It's alright. :D If my phone fail to unlock and my phone blank. What can i do?
  10. inf3st

inf3st New Member

It should cost you less than 60 bucks to call verizon. I would just call them.
  11. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Since your in Indonesia, can't you use a service like MSN/AOL/Skype? Skype would be unlimited for a full year for $14.99... MSN and AOL offer like rates like $.02/min... If it takes you longer than 3000 minutes to get that resolved, you should send them a bill.
  12. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

Thank you very much, guys for the many input for me.

Lucky... Nothing wrong with my "Q Phone" (Motorola Q) after the shop to do upgrade, unlock and inject. Finally i can use in my country after around 4 months can't use because nobody in my country can inject.

I must learn from "Motorola Q" Master in this forum. :laugh2:
  13. bernard

bernard New Member

problem with motorola q

Hai I have the same problem, do u mind shere with me how to solve the problem.
    I have motorola Q from verizon. i buy from ebay. they said unlocked but when i tried to inject they can not.

Thanks a lot
  14. ashoush

ashoush New Member

Why not try emailing Verizon Customer Service

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Support

They should be able to help the same as a phone call.

You may want to give them the Phones Seriel number so they can locate the phone in thier system.
  15. bernard

bernard New Member

thanks, I will tried
    hopefully can solve my problem